IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

WgaLogon.dll - Trojan.Bagle? [SOLVED by updating WGA or db 1414]

Iobit security 360 FP

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1413

Time Elapsed:00:02:57

Objects Scanned:46549

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Bagle, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaLogon.dll, 12-1299

HI I have Iobit security 360 and the past few times I have ran a scan the trojan bagle has showed up(WgaLogon.dll) When I deleted it I ran another scan and got the same results. I installed another spyware program and nothing showed up. Should I just ignore this?? Thanks for any help... You can email me at please read the EDIT in your#24 post in this thread also.. Thanks:)

The latest WGA (Windows Geniune Advantage) Notification Tool for XP WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe is

downloadable from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=afd45b36-3d77-4259-801c-d31a9a90cdcf

You can also download a free program from Microsoft which needs WGA validation, and it will be installed as Active X.

Using Windows Update may update it too.

Cheers.

I downloaded the new updated version. I did a scan after I re-started my computer. The scan showed no trojan bagle but did show a trojan-spy.banker in my registry. I removed this. Then I ran my Advance system care pro and it fixed my registry.Did another Security 360 scan and it is CLEAN :mrgreen: NO INFECTIONS. I was worried for a while if this was a hoax or should I buy spy hunter. I am so glad I decided to wait and try a scan again.

Thanks enoskype for your guidance and helping me clear up this matter. Just hope it continues. LOL

Haste - No Problems now (with WgaLogon.dll)

Hi All,

I downloaded & installed the update (now 1.9.40.0), rebooted this PC, ran a quick IS 360 scan - and it is still finding my copy of the old version, as well as the new version, of WgaLogon.dll - as Trojan.Bagle

That is - even with the updated db. 1414

The ebay.com.au logo JPG is still being detected as Worm.Packed.Generic

What's happening ??

Cheers - Footloose

Hi All,

I don't know what happened last night. After IS 360 having found the 2 versions of WgaLogon.dll still - I started a full system scan; running while I slept. This morning - it found only the ebay.com.au logo JPG. A subsequent quick scan found only this JPG file again.

It looks as though I may have been too hasty last night.

Thanks heaps IObit !!!

Cheers to all - Footloose

Updating Windows Genuine Advantage solves WgaLogon.dll-Trojan.Bagle problem!!!

Thank you all for the feedback guys.

I don't know what IObit thinks about it, but personally I take that WgaLogon.dll matter is SOLVED by updating WGA to version 1.9.40.0. :-D

Cheers.

EDIT:

@Footloose,

I am going to move/copy/edit your ebay.com.au logo JPG problem to Another IMAGE FILE False Positive ? thread

Archived