IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

loss of right hand

sunny staines

any right handed people lost the use of their right hand[temp] and give tips

on use of a computer with left hand please.

my right hand has been out of action for a while now [right handed] and getting fed up using the mouse with left hand/keyboard any tips.

[only temp I hope awaiting surgery for a granuloma on base of central finger by palm. wont go into too much detail as its a long story of frustration]

Left hander.

Hi there, sunny,

I am left-handed, but always operate the mouse with my right hand. I have just tried it with my left hand and am not at all comfortable with it. I appreciate your dilemma.

Hi sunny

I suppose you want other options than is afforded by controlPanel/mouse possibilities?

Cheers

solbjerg

my right hand has been out of action for a while now [right handed] and getting fed up using the mouse with left hand/keyboard any tips.

[only temp I hope awaiting surgery for a granuloma on base of central finger by palm. wont go into too much detail as its a long story of frustration]

A somewhat tricky thing to do (probably have to use one of the older versions): Opera can be used for voice-controlled browsing. Now, I have never tried it, and it seems to not work with the new versions of Opera. Maybe worth a shot, though.

http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/voice/

I went through this for quite a while. Reversing the buttons on your mouse helps quite a bit. Mostly it just takes lots of time for your mind-body to accept it. The easiest way to compute one handed I found was using a trackball. For some reason it just seemed more natural to my left hand.

Hi friends :wink:

Hi Sunny, I sometimes have used Dragon Naturally Speaking to drive windows and other sofwares or to "write" letters and reports...

But it's preferably to not have any dog or talkative mother in law beside you... :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

had my hand operated on last thursday the large granuloma tumor is now gone, due to excessive bleeding during op had to have electric currents [smelt like a BBQ] sent into the wound to stop the bleeding now got what looks like a bullet hole.

The large dressings came off today now only have a small dressing, but got very painful fingers from inactivity for a couple of months but good news can use my right hand on the mouse at last, might take a little while for the knuckles to loosen up.

Hi sunny!!

had my hand operated on last thursday the large granuloma tumor is now gone, due to excessive bleeding during op had to have electric currents [smelt like a BBQ] sent into the wound to stop the bleeding now got what looks like a bullet hole.

The large dressings came off today now only have a small dressing, but got very painful fingers from inactivity for a couple of months but good news can use my right hand on the mouse at last, might take a little while for the knuckles to loosen up.

Hi friend!! Since we are having a big argument about health care here in the States, and the Republicans fighting it, and lying about the problems other countries have; could you tell me what you think of your health care there. Are there long waiting lines and all the problems the Republicans claim there are?? Does your health care cost you any thing?? I believe everyone should have the right to good health care.==garybear PS Glad you are on the mend !!

garybear

a few years back the health system got into a mess with long waiting lists, but these days this has been much better, the only bad point is that different areas have different budgets [called primary care trusts] and a minority of these shy away from buying the very expensive cancer drugs that could prolong some ones life.

My wife has had stroke, heart failure and seen consultants from a whole spectrum of health issues and has had first class treatment. working people have deductions from pay by the gov't which pays for the system, we only pay a set fee of £7.20p for any medications and a sliding scale for dental/optical treatment.

I have met many americans who ask about european health care and they are amazed it is so good for so little to pay, they have all been against the american system and I agree, if its going to be done in america which it should be, it should be done outside the private insurance scheme and done as in canada or europe.

I could go into loads more detail which would be the size of a book, if you have any specific questions let me know.

[my case i had a hemanigoma appear in january, saw local dr who burt it out with silver nitrate [no charge], a few weeks later it came back again same treatment [no charge], the 3rd time it came back as an pyrogenic granuloma saw gp refered to hand surgeon 3 weeks later saw hand surgeon who declined to operate due to complex condition [still nothing to pay] got an infection had several visits to accident/emergencycy and a x-ray only paid £7.20p for antibiotics, saw vascular and demertology surgeons no charge, two weeks after seeing vascular surgeon operated on [no charge] during this time had regular dressing changes by nurses [no charge]. how much would all this cost in the US.]

Archived