IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malicious messages in forum PMs

Footloose

Hi All,

I have just read a private message, from a Junior Member who joined this forum on APRIL 5th 2010 (and who has ZERO Posts), stating that Spam has been sent from my PC and I should click on the included link to perform an on-line virus scan.

I find this "response" very suspicious; especially since I cannot find anything "positive" about the included web domain.

The "private message" :

Dear, traveler;dbsims;bovatekin;Footloose;tylersoap!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http ://online-antivirusDOTwebcindarioDOTcom/online-scanner/

If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

Thank you for any assistance IObit Forum.

Should this recommendation be valid - I will have no problem clicking on the above link. Please accept my apologies if this is the case.

Regards,

Footloose

ok

i was refering to the link u posted in the one in your private message and u should not post a link that u are unsure off .. to a site that the adress may have been sent to u as spam.......... so u maby be posting a spam link .... and that is not allowed ...... so edit your post send the message to admin,,,,

Yours Snoopy2010 , Stupid Guy Here ,3H48002Y4, Former Iobit user, and who ever else I am today or tommrow?

Malicious messages in forum PMs

Hi Footloose (Robert),

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK.

I have delinked the link in your post. I moved your post as a new thread.

This is a fake PM by forum and the sender is a dangerous spammer who is banned.

The PM has been sent to 12 members.

FYI, the same PM content is used in a lot of Forums in the web.

Beware eveybody. This is a fake online antivirus scan webpage.

Sender is JacobTaylorr do not open and do not click the link please.

Some of the other aliases in the web with same PM:

Kevin Kendrik

Joshua Naaves

JoshuaaNave

Cheers.

Archived