IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Defense

mfaccone

I don't know if this is a problem with AWC or with Spybot Search and Destroy but the two don't seem to get along with each other in this area.

When I immunize in Spybot and then run a check in AWC... AWC says there are xx amount of problems found in the Security Defense area.

When I recheck all the tick boxes and apply settings and then close out and go back to Spybot and immunize... Spybot says there are 14000+ new security threats needing to be immunized. Seems what happens is that Spybot sets the defense markers up then AWC undoes it and then finds them to be needed to be fixed. ( I hope that made sense :) )

It only seems to happen when Spybot has an update and adds new security defense addresses that can be immunized against.

Hello, I understand that when you update Spybot immunization definitions and immunize AWC then detects that there are unprotected items.

I haven't yet noticed this problem myself but I will see soon when the next definitions are released. As you may already know, many anti-spyware applications will give you this problem. This is because their databases overlap so when you remove protection from one, you do the same unknowingly for the other. You may also be defining new values with the updates that AWC doesn't recognize as "the right way" to block the spyware so it fixes the problem. In truth, they are merely complimentary...

But on that note and as not to sound like an @@@ I will forward your concern. There has also been users who noticed this same issue with Spywareblaster in that AWC often "undoes" some of the protection from SpywareBlaster when it has been incorrectly defined. As before, this is a work in progress

Using AWC v2.3 Beta together with Spybot&Destroy, SpywareBlaster, Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and McAfee Security with all current updates, after many combinations I have only noticed two overlaping websites/cookies.

These are overture.com and 2o7.net.

After AWC cleanup of "False Retricted Website Settings" of both sites, the protection was off for both of them in SpywareBlaster. I have deliberately entered to those sites and clicked links. Ad-Aware found 207.net cookie as a critical object and also AWC Spyware Scan found it as an infection Type Tracking cookie as a Data Miner. Repair cleaned it. Entering overture.com and clicking did not give the same problem.

Next time I put False Retricted Website Settings of 2o7.net to Ignore List, doing the same proccess showed no problems at all.

FYI, Spybot immunizes 14296 products, SpywareBlaster protects 6988 items with their recent update data. I also add Spybot-SD host list to host file in the tools section.

Result according to me is that, 2o7.net issue should be investigated. Apart from that AWC does a good job.

Thank you for the message. This issue has already been reviewed by the IObit team, though, and should be fixed in the next update. The 2o7.net and com.com are the only current issues I have noticed in the security scan. If you find any others, please submit them.

Thank you

false restricted

I am running Adaware & Spybot and have not had either one of those show up. I did have two false restricted come up in AWC system analysis. I would repair them and they would show up the next time under spyware defense and it would put them back, kind of a loop -put them in, take them out. back & forth. I did download the latest BETA version and this seems to be corrected in this version 2.3.0.718 Beta.

Thanks all guys. I have found out where the problem is. In fact, there is a conflict between AWC system analysis and Spyware Blaster regarding only two items. No problem with AWC itself. I have updated the database file and fixed this problem, please wait for the AWC v2.3 official edition.

Tim,

I waited for the new versions to come before pointing out the problem, but AWC 2 Personal ver:2.3.0.727 and AWC 2 Pro ver:2.3.0.738 both does the same thing again.

Just after double clicking the setup file, even before installation, AWC unimmunizes 2414 out of 14521 items in SS&D(Database:12/17/2006) and 3155 out of 6988 items in SpywareBlaster(Database:12/8/2006). After security defence repair of AWC, and re-immunization in both above mentioned programs, no problem remains.

In the mean time 2o7 and overture issues are solved. Both XP & Vista :)

Archived