IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Files In DesktopRestore Folder Not Defragged

There is a problem with Smart Defrag considering every file that has a folder DesktopRestore in its path to be an "in use" or "system file" and not defragging it. I have the desktop icon order saving program "Desktop Restore" installed. Each set of saved desktop icon position data has as part of its path a folder named DesktopRestore along with a .dtr file extension. After defragmentation completes these twelve files are listed as fragmented, but Smart Defrag considers them incorrectly to be either system files or files in use. This is not the case. There is no error detected by Smart Defrag v1.45 as it has made the only error. Included you will find a SmartDefrag Results.jpg capture of Smart Defrag's final result taken after defragmentation has stopped.

All I need to know is how do I correct this misinterpretation of ordinary data as system data? Is there an entry in Smart Defrag's registry which can be added or removed to solve this incorrect treatment of these files? Is there anything special about the .dtr file name extension?

This problem occurred in a stable Windows 7 64 bit operating system running in a logical partition located after the primary system partition. Another operating system is mounted inside the primary partition. The desktop restoration data is saved inside data drive F:. The desktop restoration data for a particular date and time has to be loaded into Desktop Restore in order to be used to restore the desktop's icon positions. By no stretch of the imagaination could any of the files be regarded as "in use" by the operating system.

Archived