IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Repairing external drive

Someone please instruct me how to repair external disk using advance systemcare. I can't find how to do this. The only 2 menu that allows me to do work with external drive is Disk cleaner or check disk. I must be missing something here.

Someone please instruct me how to repair external disk using advance systemcare. I can't find how to do this. The only 2 menu that allows me to do work with external drive is Disk cleaner or check disk. I must be missing something here.

hi

what sort of repair are we talking about?

please could you elaborate ..

itsmejjj

Just the normal maintenance. As I cannot see which drive the application is repairing. I am not sure whether it covers any external drive. For the other disk clean, disk check and disk defrag it allows you to choose drives. Occasionally, we will need to maintain our external drive as well. How can I do this?

ok this is how you can do it ..and as a normal maintenance..

hope its usefull? this is the one we are talking about..

jjj

jjj

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I have no prob doing those 2 actions. Its the overall repair tools that I don't know how to make sure my external drives are included in the maintenance.

there is a portable edition of advanced systemcare http://download.iobit.com/ascfree_portable.zip

link was posted by "iobit guy" november 2008

Hi iobit guy

Does it mean if I want to repair/maintain my external drive I should install the portable version on my drives? So if I have 3 drives I need to install on all 3 drives and activate to maintain/repair from those drives. You can sense from all my basic questions that I am new to this software.

jjj

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I have no prob doing those 2 actions. Its the overall repair tools that I don't know how to make sure my external drives are included in the maintenance.

(Does it mean if I want to repair/maintain my external drive I should install the portable version on my drives?) NO .do not run from them...not saying one cant .but please don't. run from the c:\drive...if you want to repair.

and i would wonder what you want to repair? as its a store drive for files and data..

hi

you will find that if the usb is plugged in at boot up this will also be automatically taken care of..by repair/maintain.....if you run it..and its included by you.(drive letter of the DRIVE)

a word of caution.

depending what the external unit is used for i would be inclined to leave it .

and just do a odd defrag .and the odd disk,check.if the need arises..

as i assume its your store drive.only?

even then ,i would be very careful...and always be very sure (never pull out the cable.while its plunged in running your system..shut down the system first..then only then remove the cable,or switch it of.normally a usb drive needs little attention.unless its used daily.and then a defrag only

again. be aware to run nothing else while its processing.(DE fragging)

then reboot the system..

there are some apps you can download if you really feel the need to monkey about with a USB drive..but like i am saying ,as its use to store your files.and back ups there is no need to play about with it..just the general odd maintenance..

i hope this is helping you..

i have 5 externall from 400gig.to 1.2 gig.. drives in a tower.all by USB cables.to a hub.and then to my systems.

and perhaps 1 or 2 times a year do thy get DE fraged.. i defrag them.if thy get messy just to tidy up the files..i think its best .to not fiddle around with them.lose 1 and your up the creek with no paddle...so to speak

itsmejjj

your welcome ,if you have any other problems, or want to know anything.

you feel free to ask..you find myself mostly at the lounge..

and if i cant supply a satisfactory answer there are a heap of members that will gladly chip in..

jjj

Archived