IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I want to buy the Pro version but am having trouble

I want to buy the Pro version but am having trouble with

the free one.

First, please let me ask ... if I buy the Pro version, is there some kind of warranty / money-back guarantee?

I hope I wouldn't need it but feel I need to ask.

Thanks

What is the trouble ?

want to buy the Pro version but am having trouble with

the free one.

First, please let me ask ... if I buy the Pro version, is there some kind of warranty / money-back guarantee?

I hope I wouldn't need it but feel I need to ask.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum al-1852 :smile:

Please tell us what the trouble is, somebody might be able to help :smile:

There is no trial period for the Pro version, but there is a money-back guarantee. See the IObit - Advanced System Care homepage

Usually the Free version is when users test the software and then make the decision to upgrade or not.

All the best, woz of oz

Sure - the problem w the free version is ...

(1) ... that when I load it, it gets "overtaken" by a "Pro" version of the program with an expired license that was already on the laptop I bought ... I previously saw the "Pro" version, expired, and decided to uninstall it

... so I did ... then I went to get the free version to see what it did, and lo and behold, there is no free version that will run ... all that happens is when I put on the free version, the "Pro" version has resurrected itself and wants me to renew

... so I have never really worked with the free version

... and I don't want to renew somebody else's expired license ... and I cannot "redirect" the free version to install into any subdirectory OTHER THAN where the "Pro" version was

... so I don't know what to do ... I did notice on the "renew" form there is a button to skip the renew and install a different new version ... but if it hangs up, then I have nothing and have just spent the cash with no warranty, it seems

(2) one other question ... if I do get the "Pro" version somehow rolling, can I later add on 9.95 virus package or will it cost me double later?

any info would be appreciated .... thanks

Clean install

(1) ... that when I load it, it gets "overtaken" by a "Pro" version of the program with an expired license that was already on the laptop I bought ... I previously saw the "Pro" version, expired, and decided to uninstall it

... so I did ... then I went to get the free version to see what it did, and lo and behold, there is no free version that will run ... all that happens is when I put on the free version, the "Pro" version has resurrected itself and wants me to renew

... so I have never really worked with the free version

... and I don't want to renew somebody else's expired license ... and I cannot "redirect" the free version to install into any subdirectory OTHER THAN where the "Pro" version was

It seems you have bought a second-hand laptop that was not wiped clean and you have not wiped it clean.

I guess there is a reason for not wiping it clean and starting anew but you may end up with the previous owners problems if you don't :wink:

Anyway, to completely un-install Advanced System Care Pro and then install Advanced System Care Free you need to do a Clean Install

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install see This Post

(2) one other question ... if I do get the "Pro" version somehow rolling, can I later add on 9.95 virus package or will it cost me double later?

I don't know what you mean by can I later add on 9.95 virus package

Advanced System Care is not an anti-virus and IObit has never advertised it as an anti-virus, but it does check for some spyware.

Are you reading about Advanced System Care at the IObit - Advanced System Care homepage

By the way, it seems IObit does offer a 100% Money-Back Guarantee

100% Money-Back Guarantee

When you purchase Advanced SystemCare PRO, your satisfaction is guaranteed. Within 30 days, you can request your money back if our software doesn’t do all that we say it will

All the best, woz of oz

Hello woz:

thanks for the email ...

re: my question about your security program for sale ... if I got it right, you wrote that Iobit doesn't offer a security product ... but right on the order form for a new registration of ASC-Pro there is the $9.95 (instead of $19.95) special price for "Iobit Security 360 Pro" ...

This is the link: https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?CART_ID=65d39ec8c0e56852a70a265507239236

So that is the one I was referring to.

I appreciate your patience with my questions -- I now know there is in fact a 30-day money-back guarantee + you were kind enough to give me details on how to do a "clean uninstall" which was gumming up my running even the free version of ASC

Different software

Hello woz:

thanks for the email ...

I guess you mean my reply above but just in case......

I did not send you an email, if you received an email from someone calling themselves wozofoz it was a lie.

re: my question about your security program for sale ... if I got it right, you wrote that Iobit doesn't offer a security product ... but right on the order form for a new registration of ASC-Pro there is the $9.95 (instead of $19.95) special price for "Iobit Security 360 Pro" ...

I wrote:

Advanced System Care is not an anti-virus and IObit has never advertised it as an anti-virus, but it does check for some spyware.

IObit Security 360 is security software but it is completely seperate and independant of IObit Advanced System Care

IObit Security 360 is not an upgrade for Advanced System Care.

The $9.95 special price would be a special offer to purchase the two software at the same time.

I appreciate your patience with my questions -- I now know there is in fact a 30-day money-back guarantee + you were kind enough to give me details on how to do a "clean uninstall" which was gumming up my running even the free version of ASC

Glad to be of help :smile:

For helpfull information and tips I suggest you read Usage of IObit Products and don't hesitae to ask if you need more help.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived