IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Volume "D"

Hello,

IObit defragmentor works ok on volume "C" but when I try to defrag volume "D", it does not work. I see a failure message that says "Not Enough Space". Volume "D" contains my Recovery Files ( I assume) and nothing else. I do not understand how it became 43% fragmented according to the analysis. How do I proceed or should I just ignore it?

Hi rjordan392

You have to have at least 15% of the disk free space for SD to work.

For a workaround, you can copy some of the files to your C drive or another USB drive (empty at least 15% of drive D), defragment D drive and copy back the files you have copied to C drive (or USB drive) back to D drive.

Cheers.

I have 17% free space available on "D" drive and I have a backup of the files on the drive. However, it seems according to the menu's, my only option is to format the drive and install the backup. "D" drive does not allow me to transfer some of the files to "C" and then back to "D" as best as I can see.

My concern here is what if after formating "D", I have trouble installing my backup.

The computer works fine and I do not want to fix something that does not appear broke. I'll think I will wait to see what happens in the future and then let a technician have a look at it. Thanks.

Archived