IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why Norton ask users to uninstall Advanced Systemcare?

Useless Norton

:oops: I always wonder why the guys r running behind norton. My Company was using Norton. The Most Useless AV Engine I have found in my career. I had a few viruses in one of the PCs given to me which the norton was not even finding it (forget about fixing). I personally installed trend micro trial pack and managed to get it removed.

No company can improve its market by leaving its current working area and getting into a new area.

My sincere suggestion, if you were to decide between Norton and ASC throw Norton into dust bin.

Vasudev

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't do Norton and I don't do IE

Why does Orbit open up in IE? My default is Firefox?

Anyways, I stopped using Norton years ago, it was pretty good years ago, but after a few crashes and a slower PC and freeware, Norton had to go, Mcafee too.

Orbit, Malware, Ad-aware, Spybot and Garys are all I use. I have back-up clones of my hard drives, in case MS restore does not work, Ahh it's great to have control over my system.

The TurboBoost feature in Advanced System Care contain "NewHeur.Variants" virus.

:!: I will comment you. I am Affan. Maybe Advanced System Care contains a virus? When I use the TurboBoost feature, I get a message from Symantec Realtime Protection and one Indonesian antivirus that the TurboBoost is contain "NewHeur.Variants" virus. It maybe the answer of your questions. Thank you. :!:

I am Michael, a software engineer and also a loyal user of Advacned Systemcare. This is my first post.

When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products. I had let it done by Norton with the result that the ASC software was uninstalled. I have been running Advanced Systemcare and Symantec 360 V3 without any problems before Norton update. Actually, I renewed Adavanced Systemcare Pro V3 in Feb.2010 and I still have 9 months left. So I emailed Iobit support for help and asked whether they are aware of this issue. They did help me get my ASC PRO back and told me that they were contacting Symantec to solve this issue as there was no compatible issue. They also suggested me contact Norton support directly for the reason why Norton would require this.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4605878972_fa0753cd98.jpg

I googled on internet and found this discussion in the Norton community.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-v4-removed-my-PRO-Advanced-SystemCare/m-p/208998/highlight/false

After viewing this post, I thought the reason Norton gave is ridiculous. I have been a system care user for nearly two years. I know what it does. It cares my PC and makes it run fast. It's not a security program, it's a system maintenance product. Why Norton would define it as a security product and said there is compatible issue while there is not.

I emailed Norton support and got the same explanations:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1202/4605878982_dd58580d7f.jpg

I thought this is not the truth. Why would Norton ask users to uninstall a system tool and claim that it's a security product?

I came into the thought that this might be a strategy Norton adopted to take up the market of Advanced Systemcare as ASC has a good popularity in system maintenance market. Why such a big company deliberately bullies a small company which is so welcomed by customers?

Let's do something to help Iobit;

1) Contact Symantec directly through the following link and ask them to fix this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

2) Spread this post on the Internet.

3) Send an email about this to the press you know.

False Positive ?

:!: I will comment you. I am Affan. Maybe Advanced System Care contains a virus? When I use the TurboBoost feature, I get a message from Symantec Realtime Protection and one Indonesian antivirus that the TurboBoost is contain "NewHeur.Variants" virus. It maybe the answer of your questions. Thank you. :!:

I Googled NewHeur.Variants and only got results from Indonesian sites.

Some were from the Smadaver forum, is that the Indonesian anti-virus you use ?

Some of the posts were dated around January 2010 and so if this were a valid virus I am sure other anti-virus software would have picked it up by now.

Considering it does not seem to be reported outside of the Indonesian based sites, it would appear to be a False Positive created by your Indonesian anti-virus.

I also Googled NewHeur.Variants Symantec Realtime Protection and got no results concerning Advanced System Care which is strange considering you say Symantec Realtime Protection also reported it.

Considering no other Symantec Realtime Protection users have reported this, I can only guess that your Indonesian anti-virus is somehow causing Symantec Realtime Protection to report this False Positive on your computer.

Edit: In the next post cicely has the right idea.

If you would like to check TurboBoost for yourself but you are unsure how to upload and scan a file at VirusTotal, see the thread Guidelines and Requirements for Reporting a False Positive

Start at post # 2 How to upload a file to VirusTotal: and read on from there :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

IObit Support Team

Hi Ichlasul Affan,

All of our programs and program files are totally clean without any virus or other threats. Here is the scan result from http://www.virustotal.com/ of TurboBoost.exe. The result is 0/40, a totally clean file.

http://www.virustotal.com/zh-cn/analisis/070b4e2d4c9c0198f06ead1f386d43eba75cfdc514db12199c1b267585cb44e8-1272869390

If there is some program reported a virus in ASC, it must be a false positive. So can you please tell us the exact name of the program so that we can test and contact them to solve this false positive.

Thanks.

You don't need Norton Antivirus

I am a user of the free ASC edition and this is my way of saying "thank you" to IObit.

For those of you who are not aware of it, you don't need Norton antivirus any more. Microsoft has released its excellent AND FREE "Microsoft Security Essentials" that does a great job without slowing down the system a bit - and what's more important, has no "compatibility issues" with ASC.

I uninstalled Norton antivirus and have been happier ever since. If all of you do the same you'll teach Symantec a lesson.

Iam running Norton 360 V4 and Advance Systemcare with-out any problems.

What I did was to install Norton's first, ( I also installed the upates ) rebooted and than installed Advanced Systemcare. I have not had any problems with the suposed conflict.

Hope this helps

ZeroCool

Norton 360 Version 4.0 vs Advanced SystemCare [NORTON says COMPATIBLE]

FYI,

Norton from symantec has put a document in Norton's support Solutions Library on 23rd of April 2010 that "Norton 360 Version 4.0 is compatible with Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.0."

Compatibility of Norton 360 Version 4.0 with Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.0

Norton 360 Version 4.0 is compatible with Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.0. When you install Norton 360 Version 4.0, you may see the "Incompatible Applications Detected" message.

Click Skip to continue with the Norton 360 Version 4.0 installation.

Thank you for completing these steps, is your issue resolved?

Yes

No

____________________________________________________________________________________________

DOCID: 20100402122709EN

Operating System: Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows XP

Last modified: 4/23/10

SEE : Symantec.com > Norton > Support > Solutions Library Compatibility of Norton 360 Version 4.0 with Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.0

This is an open and clear evidence that Norton has accepted the problem and has to find a solution in the setup file for that weird behaviour.

Cheers.

EDIT: They have it in 2 languages and they have put the Japanese translation (Article number (ID): 20100415210827JP) on 26th of April 2010. ("Click Skip" sentence is missing and is not translated to Japanese!) (Weird again.)

Norton vs. iobit

I dont really know why we are having this discussion.

Norton is one of the worst antivirus/security suites on the market.

I have used iobit for about 2 and a half years and it has more than proven itself to be a great program. It beat all the others that I have tried (for example, System Mechanic). I say throw out norton and go with something like Kaspersky, which you can download here:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/trial-versions.php

Keep at it IObit! You have my buy!

I hate Norton,McAfee,etc.

Yes I said it! I hate all those big name "security" makers. I think they generate half the viruses & such just to make money. I'm not real scared of security on the net myself,because I've been on the block long enough to know what's safe & what's not. I used to run all kinds of fancy internet security programs,some from big names & trusted all the built in window's ones. Same with cleaning up the pc & maintainence. Then about a year & a half ago I found IOBIT on cnet & figured why not? So I reluctantly downloded it & didn't expect much,thought I had a real good system for my pc & my customers. I ran it & as is first & was amazed at how fast it did the tasks, fixed the registry,even in Vista 64 Ultimate, without needing to reboot,awesomely fast defrag,etc. I compared it to programs I had been using for years & IOBIT did everything better. The defrag program even beat Diskeeper 2010 Pro! So I went back & explored all the options in this program to the fullest extent of the free version,tried for a few months before I used it on anyone elses & was quite satisfied. I tried it on some older pc's I had for sale & as back-ups & man was I impressed! The wierdest problems I attributed to age of the units dissapeared on these systems & they ran almost like new. I tried the IOBIT 360 to see how it was compared to other spyware/malware programs I'd tried & I had to take it off because it was too good. It made my internet too secure for my style. However, I started trying it on customer machines that came in with so called viruses & slowness issues. Well just running the program straightened alot of them out 100%. I even had a lady call me for an appointment & when she explained what was going on, I told her how to get this program & how to use it. She ran it & called me 20 mins later & offered to send me money,she was so estatic that it completely fixed her pc. Of course I politely declined the money & just asked her to pass it on & mention my business to others as well. The free IOBIT is the BEST software I've ever used. I never had faith in just one program to do so many things.The all in one programs always dropped the ball somewhere.Not this. This is seriously good stuff! I got my cousin's boss to start using it in his company & he was really stuck in his ways,until I showed him this. I now install it on every machine I service or sell & no I don't charge for it,that would be illegal & unfair to the great designers at IOBIT. Many of my customers have bought the full version & most of thier friends & family. We technicians,IT's,programmers, might be smart enough to not fall in the pitfalls that lurk on the net but the adverage person who just wants to use thier pc online can easily fall prey. Kids download all kinds of dangerous file types & if you keep your email on your pc that's a hazard in itself. But I've found out that if you run a good free anti-virus,such as Avast or AVG & run IOBIT's software including 360, you're well protected. I like to run only what is neccesary for security on mine,because I need the extra speed & don't need a warning every 10 seconds. So for my personal protection I run Avast free, Advanced System Care 3 free,window's defender,bitlocker for sensitive documents,& windows firewall. 360 is just too intense for me, but excellent for the regular user. If IOBIT comes out with an anti-virus I'd be first in line to try it. I bet it would be better than anything out there now. Until then,I'll stick with the avast or avg. I'm not paying $70/yr. or more for one of the big name suites. Waste of money. As far as getting the pro version of this, I haven't seen the need for it yet on my system. This free version works so well,I'm happy the way it is. I do reccomend the pro to all who buy a pc from me or not & those who's pc's I install the free version on. I leave it up to them & so far about 75% have gone pro. I'm not being cheap either I've been on disability for the last 6 years & working on pc's for 13. Last June I officially started doing it for money & now it's finally starting to take off. I'm hoping to start to make enough to stop disability for good. Not having alot of money,I'm glad there's good companies like IOBIT out here for us struggling folks.8:)

Carefull

I hope your company is not on the stock exchange because I get the feeling Symantec is buying up all interesting companies with a lot of customers.

Look f.e. at Sygate, a good company with a perfect working firewall wich I still use, but bought and absorbed by Symantec.:shock:

I hope you will not be absorbed too unless there is a will to be absorbed ofcourse :sad:

Norton Feedback

I f you ask me and some good advice I quit using Norton altogether

Iobits not the reason but last time I tried to renew Norton I was having problems getting it downloaded and got frustrated so decided to look for

another Virus protection and ending up with security shield when I scanned my computer it was loaded with virus and other stuff They have support that helps you install it also and its so much cheaper Than Norton Don't take my word for it look it up and compare it with other Anti Virus software

its rated as # 1 Norton was down on the list this is my opinion

But I glad I check it out

This is IObit Guy from IObit.

Recently, we have received thousands of complaints from our users stating that Advanced SystemCare 3 has compatibility issues with Norton Internet Security 2010 and Norton 360 V4. Namely, both Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 V4 require uninstalling Advanced SystemCare 3 during their installation process.

According to our iterative and serious tests and feedback from millions of users, there is absolutely no compatibility problem!

Thus we started contacting Symantec on the issue. For the past few months we have been actively contacting Symantec and asking them to resolve this issue. However, they refused to fix it by telling us that this issue lies in both programs use real-time protection for spyware, virus and etc, and their engineering department has designed it that way on purpose. We explained to them that Advanced SystemCare 3 is only a system utility to diagnose and optimize Windows and there is no real-time security protection or monitoring in Advanced SystemCare 3. Still they refused to correct it without any solid evidence of their claims except repeating this untenable excuse.

IObit is a young and small Internet company, who keeps making high-quality and popular software for Internet users. We value every user’s rights and benefits and we don’t want to cause any trouble. IObit really wants this issue to be addressed by both parties, and we are doing our part. We want the giant corporation Symantec to fix this issue or else we have the reason to doubt that Symantec is taking unfair competition strategy to beat their they-believe-to-be competitors.

We always believe that Internet support fairness and justice, no matter you are a big company or a very small one. Thus we really need every Internet user's attention and support now!

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Norton Symantec products

During the time I was doing my Masters in Information Systems, several of my cohorts who were full time programmers vented their distaste for Norton Symantec products. A recommendation was given to install Comodo. I tried it and have been using their products now for 2 1/2 years without any problems whatsoever. Norton comes pre-installed on many new computers and on all of the computers in my home I have uninstalled Norton or quarantined the products. I understand the frustration many of you have with Norton, as it is engineered so that you cannot totally remove all components from the computer, but you can uninstall and quarantine the use of Norton, so it will not interfere with Advance Care and other programs.

Change Antivirus ...

I buy ASC pro and i use with Zone Alarm Security (Antivirus-spyware)

really without problems .more: be total integration betwen two programs

I run ASC while Zone Alarm scan the HD to find virues:lol:

Zone Alarm price is 30 $ ! Norton suite reach to 90$ !

I'd understand these sale's policies.....

Norton no more

My husband and I know Peter Norton...yes that Peter Norton. He was the first, and in my opinion, the best creator of utility software. When he sold his company to Symantec his legacy ended. I no longer use any of the Norton line of products because they suck up so much of the system resources.

For Symantec to say that ASC creates a conflict with the Norton AntiVirus products is disgusting. Did they ever hear of the laws that forbid RESTRAINT OF TRADE? They are federal laws and not to be ignored:!:

---sjw

RE: Norton asks users to uninstall Advances System Care

First things first... let me say that I use and like the IObit products. I think they do a very good job when used in conjunction with the other spyware / system care programs that I use. I've been fixing computers for over 10 years and I know a good program when I use one.

That being said, I have Norton Antivirus 2010 installed on my computer and there are no compatibility issues. However, the email (quoted in the beginning of this thread) from Symantec Customer Service doesn't properly address the issue many of you are having because the person replying is in India and has no technical qualifications. Symantec started outsourcing tech support in 2009. It's obvious this is the case too, because the grammar and sentence structure is terribly poor.

Before you start bashing Symantec for "trying to bully IObit out of the market", you should decide whether you even want to pay for products that are supported by unqualified, underpaid individuals. If the value Norton brings you outweighs that factor, then purchase their software. At that point, you can worry about potential compatibility issues.

Symantec & others a little too proud for me

I went through about a year of antivirus hell, first Avast wouldn't keep it's nose out of the data folder on my auto responder even though the program and the folder were on the exceptions list. Solved that with the Shield Deluxe 2008 Kapersky based and worked great until the 2009 update. Suddenly Bit Defender was the antivirus program and it saw my windows XP pro operating system as a threat, causing multiple disasters and days online with their "support" department. A friend recommended Avira, and suggested Advanced System Care to go with it. The two are a match made in heaven!

I am convinced that there are some fine and inexpensive solutions that put the "big boys" to shame, so lets keep the good news circulating about the products we know and love.:lol::idea:

Bully Boys Tactics

I'm afraid to say that I did the opposite: I had Norton 2006 on my previous PC and it slowed things down, clashed with all sorts so much and so frequently that I totally removed it and all my problems disappeeared. Never Norton again here.

I, too, have been a ASC user with 360 for some time and I like their simplicity of use. I recommend them to friends.

So, if you're having trouble with Norton, take it off; don't recommend it to friends/colleagues; post messages in similar fashion to theirs, i.e.something like: "I had trouble with Norton so I removed it and suggest you do the same". That's all. Plain and simple.

After all, AVG is free ......... !

Cheers and thank you IoBit.

This guy took like 5 minutes to respond each time, I assume either waiting for it to translate or because he was talking to his boss.

[ATTACH]5286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5289[/ATTACH]

Love you Iobit, especially "Temporary Logo" on the toolbar :)

Edit: I would like to add that my brother and I are such fans of yours that I took this almost as a personal attack, and am quite infuriated, and plan to do everything I can.

Hi erockin

:-)

Grievously funny :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This guy took like 5 minutes to respond each time, I assume either waiting for it to translate or because he was talking to his boss.

[ATTACH]5286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5289[/ATTACH]

Also I was pretty much talking out of my ***, I don't know if what I said is true, and I was never actually considering Norton, I just wanted to make sure they talked to me, love you Iobit, especially "Temporary Logo" on the toolbar :)

here is this also, sorry for not asking you IObit guy, but it's late and I'm going to bed. I tried to be nice so they hopefully will not delete it. But I would be happy to delete it if you would like.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/I-would-like-a-Community-Manager-s-or-at-least-a-Moderator-s/td-p/233103 (they did)

I had already moved it here http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Symantec-Please-Read/td-p/233124 so it might just be because of duplication.

Hi all... I saw the link on my Advanced SystemCare so I decided to register and comment. I've been using Iobit products for a long time and others like it. The difference is I've never used Norton and don't plan to. Norton and others like it are old school bulky and do things the old way which just adds to the problem considering the nature of Windows and it's tendency to clutter itself up. This is why most of us have a group of effective light weight programs that help keep messy Windows running smoothly.

CCleaner is the standard for general cleanup. I've been using Advanced SystemCare free for a long time and I'm ready to buy the full version. I use Ad-Aware free. Some earlier versions were bloated and slow, but the most recent version is tolerable. AVG 9.0 free effectively nails the holiday email viruses. Registry repair programs are very iffy and some of the bad ones will destroy the operating system. I use Glary Registry Repair free. Glary also has a pay version that goes much deeper. It's light weight and fast running. Last but not least is Smart Defrag. I deep optimize on a regular basis and haven't used the Windows defragger for years. Thanks for the great products and being here!

Archived