IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why Norton ask users to uninstall Advanced Systemcare?

I'm going to bed soon, so in case they delete the thread...

[ATTACH]5291[/ATTACH]

Also if you want me to delete it, email me and it should wake me up and I can try to take care of it ASAP.:grin:

Small update: I've seemed to have lost my ability edit on the Symantec forums, I did a lot of correcting, hopefully it's a timed lockout.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi enoskype

As NotAsEasilyInfluenced wrote they had adopted the outsourcing concept for some reason - probably to save money.

The result of outsourcing in the service sector often comes out as poorer service.

Another possible reason could possibly be a strategy to delay answers in some instances???

I remember something Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate) wrote:

He was asked to review some books used for the curriculum in math. and physics. Dutifully he read them - found grave faults in several and some that were fair and a few exellent ones.

He met with the select committee - and discovered that selection procedure was done by "democratic vote", - several of his co-evaluators had only read what the publisher had written about the books.

So his recommandations were lost in the democratic process - and he consequently never joined a (curriculum) review committee again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi erockin84, it is like a joke! :lol:

It seems that they are not aware of even their own official documents.

See : Norton 360 Version 4.0 vs Advanced SystemCare 3 [NORTON says COMPATIBLE] post.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

As NotAsEasilyInfluenced wrote they had adopted the outsourcing concept for some reason - probably to save money.

The result of outsourcing in the service sector often comes out as poorer service.

Another possible reason could possibly be a strategy to delay answers in some instances???

I remember something Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate) wrote:

He was asked to review some books used for the curriculum in math. and physics. Dutifully he read them - found grave faults in several and some that were fair and a few exellent ones.

He met with the select committee - and discovered that selection procedure was done by "democratic vote", - several of his co-evaluators had only read what the publisher had written about the books.

So his recommandations were lost in the democratic process - and he consequently never joined a (curriculum) review committee again.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm actually quite familiar with richard p. feynman, he is one of my favorite physicists, and one of the examples I give for why I don't like IQ tests, and I will probably never take one. One of the greatest minds of the 20th century and IQ not high enough to join MENSA... yeah...

Edit: And i just realized you were not directing that at me, oh well, shows how high my IQ is.

Update: The original thread was deleted, i had already moved it to http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Symantec-Please-Read/td-p/233124, I don't know if they deleted it because of duplication, or just deleted it.

Hi erockin

Feynman (1918-1988)

No matter, - sorry if I hijacked the tread :-)

I tested my elder brother, my sister and myself when I was 16 (50 years ago)

Our sister scored the highest by far - she was only 10 years at the time.

If you want to achieve a high IQ in a test - then try very many and choose your best result :-)

The screening of immigrants in US formerly used IQ tests to weed out "undesired elements", I remember a picture of a tennis court where the ball was missing, - and Russian peasants that had to answer what was missing didn't have a clue as they didn't know the game at all.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm actually quite familiar with richard p. feynman, he is one of my favorite physicists, and one of the examples I give for why I don't like IQ tests, and I will probably never take one. One of the greatest minds of the 20th century and IQ not high enough to join MENSA... yeah...

Edit: And i just realized you were not directing that at me, oh well, shows how high my IQ is.

Update: The original thread was deleted, i had already moved it to http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Symantec-Please-Read/td-p/233124, I don't know if they deleted it because of duplication, or just deleted it.

Hi erockin

Feynman (1918-1988)

No matter, - sorry if I hijacked the tread :-)

I tested my elder brother, my sister and myself when I was 16 (50 years ago)

Our sister scored the highest by far - she was only 10 years at the time.

If you want to achieve a high IQ in a test - then try very many and choose your best result :-)

The screening of immigrants in US formerly used IQ tests to weed out "undesired elements", I remember a picture of a tennis court where the ball was missing, - and Russian peasants that had to answer what was missing didn't have a clue as they didn't know the game at all.

Cheers

solbjerg

Since you started it... I find that quite interesting... Were you actually there? You had to do the same thing with the same picture? Successfully I gather from your syntax. What happened to the Russians? They just got turned around?

Left my 2 cents at Symantec

I was using Norton AV when Peter Norton owned the company. I was anxious (as were many other loyal techies) when Symantec bought the product but continued brand loyalty for many years. Sometimes I long to return to the Norton fold but this behavior is what keeps me away.

ASC is part of my regular maintenance toolkit and while I have other tools at my disposal ASC is a great, reliable product. Shame on Symantec or good on them if you think like a shark. They have a long predatory past.

Maybe IObit will be getting a buy-out offer sometime down the line...

Oh I left a response on Norton 360 forums: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Oldtimer-wanting-to-return-but-finding-it-hard/td-p/233142

Hi erochin

No I have just read about it. I am Danish born and bred. (1944)

I think - as far as I remember - that it was during the big influx after World War 1. (may have been in the 1920-30)

Anyway it was just to emphasize the fallability of IQ testing.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Great signature! Thank you!

Since you started it... I find that quite interesting... Were you actually there? You had to do the same thing with the same picture? Successfully I gather from your syntax. What happened to the Russians? They just got turned around?

I was using Norton AV when Peter Norton owned the company. I was anxious (as were many other loyal techies) when Symantec bought the product but continued brand loyalty for many years. Sometimes I long to return to the Norton fold but this behavior is what keeps me away.

ASC is part of my regular maintenance toolkit and while I have other tools at my disposal ASC is a great, reliable product. Shame on Symantec or good on them if you think like a shark. They have a long predatory past.

Maybe IObit will be getting a buy-out offer sometime down the line...

Oh I left a response on Norton 360 forums: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Oldtimer-wanting-to-return-but-finding-it-hard/td-p/233142

awesome... he deleted it because I'm not allowed to put screen shots of private messages with him up but he did say...

[ATTACH]5293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5294[/ATTACH]

It is unfortunate that I would not use norton anyway, because they seem to know it and not care, but he's at least saying something. I hardly trust the word of forum moderator for a giant company who's job is pretty much just telling people what they want to hear. As I'm sure that you guys at IObit have already heard it all too anyway.

Edit: I asked him if I could quote him and he replied...

[ATTACH]5295[/ATTACH]

not really leaving me much of an option...

Norton

I used to run Norton and Symantec for many years. I switched to AVG two years ago and have not had any issues on security. (famous last words:-|). I am not a computer expert and never will be but i downloaded ASC 3 a few weeks ago as the pc was running very slow. What a difference it has made, my daughter has now installed ASC 3 on her laptop and she has removed Norton. Her laptop is now running smooth and quicker.

The big boys are ok but when they start to flex their muscles and try to influence smaller companies then we all need to stand together to have a louder voice.

So let me say THANKS :smile:to Advanced SystemCare for saving me the time and money on buying a new processor, motherboard, memory or hard drive just to boost my pc performance. Sorry to Norton that you have to behave this way.

Hi DonnySteve

I had Norton Commander on my first computer 3.11 and liked it, but after Windows Explorer came out I didn't bother to install commander again.

My need at that time wasn't very demanding.

I have run AVG too for some years but have switched to MSSE, which seems to be enough for my needs.

My bout with Norton/Symantec wasn't a happy one and I have stayed away from it since. But many security and anti-virus programs are moving in the same direction of not leaving much leeway for the user to do.

Too bad in my opinion - but maybe for some it is a blessing??

Cheers

solbjerg

I used to run Norton and Symantec for many years. I switched to AVG two years ago and have not had any issues on security. (famous last words:-|). I am not a computer expert and never will be but i downloaded ASC 3 a few weeks ago as the pc was running very slow. What a difference it has made, my daughter has now installed ASC 3 on her laptop and she has removed Norton. Her laptop is now running smooth and quicker.

The big boys are ok but when they start to flex their muscles and try to influence smaller companies then we all need to stand together to have a louder voice.

So let me say THANKS :smile:to Advanced SystemCare for saving me the time and money on buying a new processor, motherboard, memory or hard drive just to boost my pc performance. Sorry to Norton that you have to behave this way.

Norton 360 YUCK!

I am an IT pro and I can say from experience that anything norton is not a good idea. the number of time I have uninstalled norton 360 because of it's firewall... forget IOBIT, 360 has compatibility issues with itself, so I'm guessing that they are saying... "360 needs all the help it can get... uninstall everything that is not necessary so it can do its job the best it can." Norton has always been a resource hog and doesn't play nicely with systems that may be just a little underresourced. It even slows well resourced systems down.

2 years ago I bought a brand new pc and Norton 360 was installed. That was the first thing I removed. Reason? I do not like Norton and it is very RAM intensive and dictates to its user. I use KIS now and am very happy with it.

When uninstalling Norton there is a folder that is not uninstalled called Symantec - this must be manually removed or you will leave a norton installed tracking cookie active which reports back to Norton. It might be an idea to clean your registry with ASC afterwards too, just in case.

Norton is not value for money, KIS certainly is.

Just use MS Security Essentials instead of Nortons

I never did like Nortons and have had any number of problems with their software. I now use the free and very good MS security essentials and so far have had no issues with compatibilty. I see no reason at all to use Nortons and pay for a subscription when you can get better software for free.

Viruses from Symantec?

A while back a famous reporter from Forbes Magazine wrote an article for the mag and an accusation was made that a certain virus software company was actually putting viruses on peoples computers. Forbes refused to publish the article and the reporter quit. The reporters name is Benjamin Fulford. Fulford did not name the software company. But the first xp computer that I owned I ran Norton on it. When I had Windows Onecare run a complete scan of my computer 20 something viruses were found. I would not run Norton ever again and advise anyone to get rid of it. :shock:

Norton

I stopped using Norton years ago. I started using macafee and finally went to Vipre Premium which does have a very small footprint and is loaded with features. And it has no issues with any IOBIT programs. Norton needs to change their attitude or they will lose a lot of users. ACS and 360 are gereat programs and I have already gotten quite a few of my friends to start using them. So let all e-mail norton and support the little guy folks. Tell em to fix the issue or stuff it lol.:wink:

Hi Zappp

Thank you for the insight!

So sad - detracts quite a bit from the hilariousness.

Outsourrcing doesn't seem to be a very good idea? Or were the replies along the same lines before the outsourcing??

Cheers

solbjerg

Please read this conversation that i had with a tech man from norton.

It is most laughable.

Archived