IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A good way to surf.?

itsmejjj

i have been thinking how to post this. for the last 5 hours and be tactful.

so this is for the ones who believe as i do a good way to surf..

if there are privacy concerns.(as in keeping to one self)

or at least stay away from the main stream of traffic,so as not to give away your true IP location. (MASK) your given IP by your provider.

is this possible.and can it be achieved.well i do think it can be..

put it this way .So far no one knows where i am truly linking from..one could take a guess and perhaps hit some where close. as to my country and city..

but that is not the point.

the point is can it be achieved.with good success..? and how..

for the newer user it may sound far fetched.and even the long term user.

so one needs to read up on this if interested..

please go to Google or yahoo.

and enter the following..in the search box..

"free proxy programs". or " proxy lists" and read the many ways one can.

@@@://www.proxyway.com/

there introduction:

Internet is full of potential risks to your privacy and security. Every time you surf the web you leave traces of your Internet activity. That can reveal your real-life identity and expose you to hackers, identity , and spammers so they can monitor your browsing habits and activities, spy upon you, steal personal information and exploit security holes in your system to cause damage to your computer.

i am not advertising there product in any way..as this type of application is freely available .you could try there 7 day trial. or surf free ones..

its more the info i would like you to read about..thy have plenty on this..

ok let me also warn you thy are considered by some as a low grade site..

and classed as malaware ..before you decide to link.check my captured file..

you may not want to make the link or download there software..

the IP proxy i used gave me this warning..

TheViking I don't think that unique means that it is good. I think it means that you are easy to spot

yes you are right..a shook to me a bit...i just went into this and it seems all of them are..thy do say fire fox is the best so far..let u know as i am now chasing this up .

i am downloading 5 different browsers and give them a while..

thank you for the post ..i misunderstood the wording unique

itsmejjj

well i feel a total idiot

" i apologize to the forum

for my posts and will refrain posting apps.and my silly advice.

as the last thing is hurt anyone here.

i seem to run into trouble ,and feel a total silly old man.trying to help.

i was thinking i was doing good.

but seem to be doing wrong..

my deepest apology to our malaware fighter. (evilfantasy)

but itsmejjj will go in silent mode as sort time..and just enjoy the forum..and perhaps post later when calm.

if i offended any one or posted the wrong thing .than please remove this also.

but hope there is nothing here that will harm any one?

"A good way to surf.."

well disregard any thing i posted. and follow the experts advice..

that i am bar far not .just a bumbling old man ,that thinks he knows.

ps its ok i have taken time out to reflect.and was a bit down.i just been to the doctor.and it seems things aren't to bad..i felt a bit run down.i had a nap under my tree listing to the earth.taking it in.now very serene and calm. old age makes one funny sometimes.and do silly things.i have had a terrible experience.

4 heart attacks.in 24 hours the 1 more 3 days later..now hopefully fixed. and was told lucky to be here.and thy did say that a side effect was depression.

that over took me .now got it under control..

itsmejjj

@@@://operator.en.softonic.com/download please download here..still available...

opera tor..very easy to use. if you like opera.browser.its very well bundled for surfing using the net work.

the other option one could use.is the one from Tor site itself bundled with fire fox..

the difference is opera is set by default.to link with no intervention..

download .unzip the file to .your drive or a flash drive.make a short cut to your screen.done..

Please note:

its slow at the start to load up fully..

can take a while.if it takes a little to long close it and restart it..

works very well on XP-and VISTA -WIN7

and the anonymity is excellent

testing this the last 2 hours here are my findings

1 using the tor net is very good indeed speed wize on the av is not bad at all

70meg of browsing about downloading,was very good..i would estimate 25%

less than normal--at the odd times.yet other times very fast so if you are not to worried about time.than its the way to go..

and testing ip every page 2 or 3 a different ip shown.

to the out side..

now the draw back if say log in here at iobit is

if posting..you have to do this a few times. and not good.

if just reading ok but if wanting to view a capture picture ,you need to log on every one of them not good.(Attach Files)

but here is what you do use your normal browser.non tor.not a problem.

it uses your ip .all you do is minimize the fox tor browser.do not need to close

it.

when done here or at your forum , close your browser and maximize fox tor and resume surfing.

please look at my shot of the 2 browsers open at the same time..

the Opera set up the same ,once loaded .please check if you are on there net.

TOR.use this site..WELL my favorit(http://www.stilllistener.com/checkpoint1/test1/) to be sure you are ..

i do not know how many and if at all any members do use the tor net.

but its worth a play with.and have a bit of fun using there net and realy see

you are well hidden.and its all FREE .no cost to you at all

itsmejjj

i have and in the process of setting up a Pc just for this XP PRO ser pack 3.

and will play with that also .(leave it running 24 hours a day..

i like thy way thy have improved the tor net works.and there are many very top secured minded users..now using the system.the anonymity has hit the roof..

far better than a year ago.any how .as i stated if the speed is not a big concern ,then i think its worth a go

now as for browsers you must use ether the pre installed Opera or use the fire fox version. bundled for each version..

you can use fire fox installed separate. if you use the fully installed tor program.but this has it draw back you must use the tor net as its auto sets the port ..default

at every start of tor.

and you cant use a other browser..unless you get rid of tor ..install.

the above is the best idea.thy do not interfere, with any other browser..as i demonstrated above in the capture..side by side shot.

and as i show again here..very nice indeed...

using my normal browser bird..

jjj

Keep in mind that Internet surfing "filters" don't completely mask your presence. Everything you do is logged by some computer somewhere. You have to connect through an ISP. There is no way around that.

A filter may add an extra step (or more) for someone trying to see what you have done and where you have been but if they are going to the trouble to find out to start with, those extra steps are likely just going to make them try harder to see what you are hiding. 8-)

The old saying... "if you aren't doing anything wrong then what are you hiding from" comes to mind. ;)

Hi evilfantasy,

itsmejjj's hobby is being stealth, so privacy is exteremely important for him.

For a very long time, he has been using proximicron for that purpose.

That's why he doesn't want the cookies and flash cookies,add-ons, etc. also. His Javascript is off too.

I think the version of the OS he is using is a striped one for that purpose too, otherwise he has all the hard disk, CPU, RAM and OSs at his disposal.:lol:

I am sure he is not a deserter. Ha ha ha.

Hey itsmejjj, I am joking.

Cheers.:wink:

Well, the only use I can think of is sometimes to bypass country restrictions by order of court for certain websites.

Which is easy with the anonimous proxies anyway.

Since, even the worst hackers (supposing they know the closest thing to being stealth) are disclosed, I would like to know too if there is a real stealth possibility.

If I could understand everything itsmejjj writes, perhaps, I could know the nearest. :lol:

Cheers.

i think the word hide is probably wrong to use--the word avoid is more appropriate..

that is my main goal.the less that is put out to the net the better.

privacy is a preferred way i feel to surf the net try to avoid the hackers,add men and so on.

" Keep in mind that Internet surfing "filters" don't completely mask your presence"you are absolute correct thy cant mask a ip..

one has to use a ip.or a starting place.so the presence is also true.the wording stealth,is perhaps to strong a word to use..there is no such thing on the net.as hidden totally,sheathed, someone ,or some loged data base kowns you been on the net.

knows that a ip is there.to be readable.and point to your server.ISP..this can be avoided.to the main stream.but not to the proxy used.if thy know you .or check a ip .for what ever reason,as in misbehaving.

its common sense and normal surfing to avoid being detected.

itsmejjj

i hope this helps a bit pictures are easer to understand that i..

not bad way to advoid is it.using the tor net..?

i tryed it with my own applacation and it was halted on the first page..

the hack fialed to do a thing .site

please be aware do not run this as it places a file on your system.

unless you allow it.it cant be succesfully tried..first read the capture picks

before you decide to run this, i do not recomend it for new users...

itsmejjj

We should also note that it is illegal to just track someone on the Internet. Law enforcement has to have cause (in most cases) and a warrant to access IP information. And the tools law enforcement uses are reserved for law enforcement and illegal for the common citizen to use.

Just released blog post from Sunbelt.

Source: EFF: browser fingerprinting works really well

The Electronic Freedom Foundation has released a white paper that reveals most Web browsers leave enough information about their configurations on Web servers that they are identifiable.

The EFF put up a web site, took data from 470,161 informed participants and found that among browsers with Flash or Java activated, 94.2 percent were identifiable (“unique” in their words.)

“By observing returning visitors, we estimate how rapidly browser fingerprints might change over time. In our sample, fingerprints changed quite rapidly, but even a simple heuristic was usually able to guess when a fingerprint was an “upgraded" version of a previously observed browser's fingerprint, with 99.1% of guesses correct and a false positive rate of only 0.86%.”

And, if that isn’t scary enough, they said that those using anti-fingerprinting privacy technology will still be identifiable until a lot of people start using the same countermeasures.

thanks for the link interesting reading..

http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-part-of-no-adware-dont-you.html

If a company is injecting ads into the user's browser and onto the user's desktop and using tracking technology to "personalize" those advertisements, then it is most certainly delivering adware/spyware to users, and any disclaimers to the contrary are simply deceptive.

“That's why we added the detection for Hotspot Shield. If you want to continue the program yourself, that's your decision. But this detection is not a false positive.”

Tom Kelchner

jjj

Yes, that's what I am talking about when I say rouge links inside of the software. If a program says free but has links to other commercial software, especially to untrusted websites, then it's not freeware it's adware. If it has links to the pro version of the software then that is acceptable (to me) but only if it is the same software and not something unrelated.

EULAlyzer helps in determining some adware. It's not foolproof though. Some EULA's are very difficult to understand.

what one can do is this..

in your browser fire fox users type in " 'about:config "

please be care full here ...a suggested idea ?

users can manually adjust their 'user agent' to remove 'uniqueness' without removing desirable and necessary traits.

For example, Firefox makes this very easy to do. Just type useragent in 'about:config'.

genaral.useragent/extra.firefox find this and you can blank it out..

before you do please copy past the default string to a text file..

so you know to replace it ..

ok when done close the browser

and the user agent is no a blank information on the browser..(unknown to the nett

itsmejjj

please be care full here ...a suggested idea ?

User Agent Switcher 8-)

The User Agent Switcher extension adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser. It is designed for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and Songbird, and will run on any platform that these browsers support including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Test your User Agent information here: User Agent String.Com

thanks for the link interesting reading..

http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-part-of-no-adware-dont-you.html

If a company is injecting ads into the user's browser and onto the user's desktop and using tracking technology to "personalize" those advertisements, then it is most certainly delivering adware/spyware to users, and any disclaimers to the contrary are simply deceptive.

“That's why we added the detection for Hotspot Shield. If you want to continue the program yourself, that's your decision. But this detection is not a false positive.”

Tom Kelchner

jjj

Interesting read, not sure if you went through all the various links but I found http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/anchorfree-responds-on-hotspot-shield.html very interesting too.

http://download.cnet.com/NoScript/3000-11745_4-10461464.html

for any one who may not know...this is a handy add on to gecko base browsers..

-----------------------------NoScript provides extra protection for your Mozilla/Firefox or Flock browser: this extension allows JavaScript and Java execution only for trusted domains of your choice. This whitelist based pre-emptive script blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities with no loss of functionality. You can enable JavaScript/Java execution for sites you trust with a simple left-click on the NoScript status bar icon or using the context menu in pop-up statusbar.

CNET Editor's Note: The Download Now link will prompt a local download of the Firefox extension. To install the extension directly, open the file using your Firefox browser.

What's new in this version:

Version 1.9.9.79 fixes the bug: Script surrogates whose source starts with the '!' get executed on pages where scripts are disabled.

itsmejjj

well i think i am updated now after working on this the last 5 days..

and have it right .redoing my filters.and set in heavy blocking.nothing is going out that should not be.and the little there is is proofed to nothing of use.

with a little tip here and there and some posts made,got me into redoing my security.after a lot of testing i am totaly happy with what the net sees .zip!

and i care less what gets logged and who is logging! its not much help to them.

itsmejjj

Archived