IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

netcfgx.dll:windows file reported as trojan!!!

After the last update the Windows dll file: netcfgx.dll is being reported as a trojan.

Please check

Hello JoeXis

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the netcfgx.dll file ,but I have no problem scanning the file. Can you save a report and send your dll file to us for our Examination.

We are looking forward for your replay.

netcfgx_dll false positive?

It started yesterday on the PC of one of the friends that I recommended to download IObit ASC and 360; Trojans continued to repeat. I finally tested my PC to see what it was about. Well, happens that after the latest 360 Update it has started a problem with a supposed trojan that isn't a Trojan. Please remove Windows XP DLL File Information - netcfgx.dll. Upon a check with Windows, it appears that this is an important Windows alert for downloads.

So no wonder, I kept doing the scan which I redo to make sure that the virus has been removed and it continued to show up. I must have scanned today continually about 15 times but finally gave up to then find out that we are not talking virus here. You can check it out here at this website for Windows: http://xpdll.nirsoft.net/netcfgx_dll.html

Please IObit.. check this out! Thanks!

Yes Louie, netcfgx.dll file is a legitimate Microsoft file for Network Configuration Objects, but please follow hxin's advice in post #2, as scanning netcfgx.dll file with IS360 db 1427 in my PC does not reveal anything.

It is advisable to upload your file to VirusTotal and post here the link to their report about the file.

You can upload your file to a file sharing website like http://www.wikisend.com for IObit to download it for investigation.

Please follow the procedures described in Guidelines and Requirements for Reporting a False Positive thread for detailed descriptions.

Cheers.

Archived