IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced Uninstall has blitzed my Start Menu

XP sp2

AU free 10.1

I have just tried to use AU free to sort my Start Menu alphabetically. Before I did it, I had maybe 80 items. Having selected all users and sorted, I now have maybe ten.

I do not use the Start Menu much, but I am concerned about what seems to have happened. There is no drop down arrow to show more programmes either.

If I change to Classic view of the Start Menu, then ask for Programs, I get only one item, open Office.org.

I would really appreciate any help here. this makes me a little leery of using the programme for anything.

I hope I just have the wrong handle on what has happened.

Nick

Thanks for the reply.

I used the Start Menu Items Manager button, then selected everything, and asked to Sort.....and now I see that if I select item, I do not Sort them, I Hide them.....hmmm...while I should have read more carefully, that may be made more clear....because they are ticked by default AFAICS.

I have retrieved the listing by unticking for both user options and resorting/applying.

So problem solved, but I feel that was too easy to get into.

Nick

Different Advanced Uninstaller !!!

OK. Thanks will do, but :?:. I have just had an offer to buy AU Pro, but the new version is IObit?

Nick

XP sp2

AU free 10.1

Nick

Hi OldNick,

You must be talking about a completely different program AU, as Advanced Uninstaller from IObit company has never had a Pro version and has always been free, besides the version is not 10.1.

Could yours be the trial version of Advanced Uninstaller PRO 10.1 from innovative solutions?

The old name of IObit Uninstaller was Advanced Uninstaller and it is very recently changed to IObit Uninstaller.

IObit Uninstaller is a free stand alone program from IObit, and also can be put inside ASC Free and Pro(Advanced SystemCare from IObit).

You can download NEW IObit Uninstaller from IObit Uninstaller 1.1 RELEASED thread.

To use it in ASC, please have a look at THIS post.

Cheers.

Aaahhh! Boy I really fell into a trap there. Perfect timing to get confused: name changes, same old name....

You are correct about the programme I was referring to. I just typed in "advanced uninstaller forum" (no quotes) and bingo here I was.

I have DL'd the IObit one, and the whole thing just looked completely different, so I was puzzled.

So. Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the confusion I must have caused.

Nick

• 3 months later...

Archived