IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

HWMonitor (Temperature monitor +)

wozofoz

HWMonitor:

• Freeware

• Small - 2MB installed. There is also a Portable (.ZIP) version

• Lite on resources - Only up to 1788K Mem Usage (in TaskManager) but it's so quick to launch there is no need to have it always running.

• Very handy, especially for NoteBook/LapTop users where heat can be an issue.

HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.

The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

Special hardware monitors such as abit® uGuru and Gigabyte® ODIN™ power supplies serie are supported too.

http://www.cpuid.com/medias/images/en/softwares-hwmonitor.jpg

All the best, woz of oz

SpeedFan

That sounds good wozofoz, thank you, have you tried SpeedFan?

BTW, what was the room temparature at the time of measurement?

Cheers.

I did try SpeedFan, I think I tried every temperature monitor and fan speed regulator there is.

Firstly, you must remember that my Acer Aspire Netbook was my first ever computer and so it had to be perfect and of course I believed almost every warning, tip and trick I read

On the forums I found many folks with my model complaining of it getting hot and having a noisy fan which came on all the time, there was even an app a1ctl made specifically for this problem (but I didn't notice any difference when I used it)

So I researched and tested everything I could find.

But, after trying all those temperature monitors I realised that my Netbook didn't have a high temperature problem and the fan was not noisy, I can't even tell when it is running. Yep, I was trying to fix a problem that wasn't there :roll:

I got a good one, I guess :lol:

So now i just use HWMonitor and check with it when the conditions are hotter than normal, this is usually when I am using my Netbook at an internet cafe or some other place.

By the way, I have checked HWMonitor temperature readings against SIW (System Information for Windows) and others and it seems accurate plus it is a lot quicker to launch and show the reading than the others.

I think HWMonitor is a very handy app to have on the Notebook, it takes so little resources etc and gives so much :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Too cool for school

woz seems to be a cool customer! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, in my younger days ..........

but this is not the place to write of such things :wink: :mrgreen:

By the way, I am going to change the icon for this thread to 8:)

All the best, woz of oz

Website image

BTW, what was the room temparature at the time of measurement?

I missed this.

The image in post # 1 is coming directtly from the HWMonitor website.

My usual readings are HD 45 and CPU 55 (up to 60 under heavy use)

I have no idea what the room temperature is but it sure is hot and humid and under a fan only (no aircon) :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

I missed this.

The image in post # 1 is coming directtly from the HWMonitor website.

My usual readings are HD 45 and CPU 55 (up to 60 under heavy use)

I have no idea what the room temperature is but it sure is hot and humid and under a fan only (no aircon) :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi friend! It seems that I already had this feature. Now I have it twice.:roll: PS watch out for the tool bar! Thanks.woz PSS I guess I should have down loaded the zip file:lol: The temperature is cold and rainy.LOL

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Wizard-2010/3000-2094_4-10793737.html

Toolbar & Cold Feet

Hi friend! It seems that I already had this feature. Now I have it twice.:roll:

I also have these readings in SIW as well but I have to launch SIW then select the section to see the readings.

HWMonitor just pops up and there are the readings, very handy :smile:

PS watch out for the tool bar!

Yeah, there is the toolbar, it seems there is always a toolbar these days, I guess it's the price we pay for freeware.

I am so used to un-ticking them that I don't even think about them anymore.

The temperature is cold and rainy.LOL

Sounds nice, no seriously, I have had nothing but hot, hotter and humid for months now.

Wearing warm clothes and snuggling up in bed on a cold night sounds nice :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz,

OK, I thought the reading was from one of the PCs that you were using apart from your Acer.;-)

You know, the temperatures in the image seems to be extremely low for CPU-13 °C, ACPI-13 °C, Core #0-13 °C, HDD-17 °C, as assuming that the ambient temp is below the minimum values there, I wonder if those readings are taken when an air-con blowing directly on to PC-DE-FRANCK or the PC_DE_FRANCK is chilled by ice.:lol::lol:

Cheers.

Hi friends!

Hi wozofoz,

OK, I thought the reading was from one of the PCs that you were using apart from your Acer.;-)

You know, the temperatures in the image seems to be extremely low for CPU-13 °C, ACPI-13 °C, Core #0-13 °C, HDD-17 °C, as assuming that the ambient temp is below the minimum values there, I wonder if those readings are taken when an air-con blowing directly on to PC-DE-FRANCK or the PC_DE_FRANCK is chilled by ice.:lol::lol:

Cheers.

It's good to see we can all take a little razzing. I thought my temperatures were good when they read close to body temperature, 98.6f. You must have icicles hanging off your Asser Dr.woz. I said Acer friend!!:lol::lol: I love my friends!!

Archived