IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What are these and how to remove msvcrt.dll, SASet.dll? [SOLVED by db 1501]

I did a scan and found 4 problems. No other program finds them so I am not sure what to do. I saved the log so if someone could tell me what to do I would appreciate it.

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1500

Time Elapsed:00:14:51

Objects Scanned:53060

Threats Found:4

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll, 12-1163

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\SASet.dll, 12-856

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.CPlusPlusRuntime_6595b64144ccf1df_7.0.2600.5512_x-ww_3fd60d63\msvcrt.dll, 12-1163

Spyware.Password, File, C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn6\InquisitorCoreDll.dll, 12-1225

It says I have 3 trojans and 1 spyware password. Yesterday IOBit security found Koobface worm. Thought I didn't have it anymore but could this be what caused the spyware password? It is from facebook from what I gather. I need programs to remove all nasties.

I did a scan and found 4 problems. No other program finds them so I am not sure what to do. I saved the log so if someone could tell me what to do I would appreciate it.

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1500

Time Elapsed:00:14:51

Objects Scanned:53060

Threats Found:4

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll, 12-1163

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\SASet.dll, 12-856

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.CPlusPlusRuntime_6595b64144ccf1df_7.0.2600.5512_x-ww_3fd60d63\msvcrt.dll, 12-1163

Spyware.Password, File, C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn6\InquisitorCoreDll.dll, 12-1225

It says I have 3 trojans and 1 spyware password. Yesterday IOBit security found Koobface worm. Thought I didn't have it anymore but could this be what caused the spyware password? It is from facebook from what I gather. I need programs to remove all nasties.

Hi yjsk2100

Thanks for your feedback.

The 12-1163 and 12-856 are false positives that we have identified, We will solve this issue in our later update definition 1501.

You can send the InquisitorCoreDll.dll file to us or upload to www.wikisend.com then give me the link for our Examination.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Or....

meanwhile,you could download virustotal uploader ,and send the file off to be checked by 41 "scanners". It simply integrates itself into your context (right click) menu.Navigate to that file(1225)-right click,scroll to "send to" and you will see VT option-click that,the file will upload,and your browser will open with the results-Cheers ;-)

I installed virustotal.upgrader and looked for 1225 but it is not listed. I am going to run another IOBit scan to see if it is found. Yesterday I quarantined and deleted all 4 files but I will see if they are back and where they are located. Will be back and thanks for the quick reply.

Hi yjsk2100,

Did you check your Quarantine List and Ignore List of your IS360 if InquisitorCoreDll.dll file is in either of those?

I would use the option of "Quarantine threats when removing them" checked under -Scan Pararameters- of Scan Setting in Options window after clicking Setting of IS360 on top right of the GUI for the future scans to investigate the files if they are false positives.

Cheers.

Archived