IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please help!!!!!

Dorel

Hello.I am new here.I know you will help me.I use Windows XP Pro, but I am not a very advenced user.I installed on the PC a Vista theme called vistamizer 3.6.It is very popular on the most trusted websites.I tried to remove it.I wanted the Xp style back.It removed, but some elements, like the Vista-like startup screen and some icons are still on the PC, even after uninstalling the program.I want to remove them for ever.I simply want my XP theme back.Can your Advanced Uninstaller do something?Do you have some informations about this program?What should I do?Please answer me.Thanks a lot!

Hi Dorel,

Please follow the procedure below in the same order.

-Install vistamizer 3.6 again!

-Download IObit Uninstaller 1.1 from IObit Uninstaller 1.1 RELEASED thread.

-Rename the downloaded file iobituninstaller.exe to Sut_iobituninstaller.

-Copy and paste Sut_iobituninstaller to Advanced SystemCare's main folder at: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3.

-Delete Sut_Softuninstaller in the Advanced SystemCare's main folder at: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3.

-Run Advanced SystemCare3

-Go to: Utilities=>Admin Tools.

-Click once on to run IObit Uninstaller.

-Choose Recently Installed section on IObit Uninstaller.

-Check the checkbox of vistamizer 3.6.

-Make sure that Advanced is checked (default) on the dropdown menu when you click the arrow near the Uninstall button on the top of the GUI.

-Click Uninstall button.

-Wait for creation of Restore Point and standard uninstallation to finish. (In the mean time you may be asked if you want the program to be uninstalled, Please answer yes.)

-Wait for uninstallation to finish.

-Click Powerful Scan button.

-Wait for another window to open which shows the files/folders/Registry entries to be deleted.

-Check all of them and click Delete button.

-Close IObit Uninstaller.

-Right click your Desktop.

-Choose Properties.

-Choose Themes tab on the Display Properties window.

-Choose Windows XP from dropdown menu of Theme:

-Click Apply.

-Click OK.

-Restart your PC.

That's it.

Please post feedback if your problem is solved.

Cheers.

There are several ways that you can solve this.

The easiest is to do a System Restore. (find a date and time just prior to when you installed the software)

Or, you can reinstall the software you used to change the desktop. Then use it to reset the changes.

If you're unable to solve this by using on of these two suggestions, then let me know. I'll try to help.

Cheers

Not really...

Hello.Thanks for answering.There is a little problem:I am not the smartest guy and I simply don't have a System Restore point.So this possibility fails.I am not proud of me right now.About the second idea given by you, the Vistamizer program doesn't ahve a visual interface.Is there another way?Thank you.

Should I?

Ok.So I will try to simply install it again and than uninstall it with the IObit Advanced Uninstaller.Can you tell me how to remove ANY part of the program, using your Advanced Uninstaller?

The Uninstaller will do a 2 step uninstall. First it let the programs own uninstaller uninstall the program. Then it scans folders and registry for any leftover. If there are any it will present them to you with the option to delete them. After that there's nothing left of the program

Thank you, but...

OK, that sounds promising, but my question is:how to completely uninstall Vistamizer 3.6 with the Adv. Uninstaller?How can I use the program?And I must say something:the uninstaller of that program is not complete, it may have some bugs.So how should I press in the Adv. Uninstaller interface to eliminate all the efects of that transformation program?

So I start it...

Thank you.Is there a difference between the classic Windows uninstaller and the IObit one?Should I use the standard uninstallation ,the advanced or the forced one?Please answer.Thank from my heart!

OK, that sounds promising, but my question is:how to completely uninstall Vistamizer 3.6 with the Adv. Uninstaller?How can I use the program?And I must say something:the uninstaller of that program is not complete, it may have some bugs.So how should I press in the Adv. Uninstaller interface to eliminate all the efects of that transformation program?

I'm not sure I follow you here. The uninstaller will get rid of the program!

But, if the program has sent information to the system, then that information is stored in the XP system. There's no way to check that. Anyway, when you uninstall the program, it should restore XP settings in that prosess. If not, it's not a good application.

Thank you.Is there a difference between the classic Windows uninstaller and the IObit one?Should I use the standard uninstallation ,the advanced or the forced one?Please answer.Thank from my heart!

Don't use forced uninstall. Use the advanced

Trust me, it is a safe application.It has almost 3 million downloads on Softpedia, just this version.It was rated by the most trusted websites and it is used by millions of users worldwide.Just have a look on the Internet.

Hi Dorel,

I have replied to your problem HERE.

You can continue here in this thread I have copied all the posts here and deleted the thread.

Please do not post the same thing in more than one thread.

I have deleted your other (third) same thread as a double yesterday.

Cheers.

Hi Dorel!

There is a big(huge) difference in the windows uninstaller and the Iobit one. Go ahead and see... try, run. uninstall... etc. Follow Enoskype's instructions. Have a backup as Garybear recommends (I as well, but GB knows... see his posts). Vikings know its not a big deal... just do it:wink:.

-Mel

Archived