IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Update - Even After Uninstalling Smart Defrag

I installed IObit Smart Defrag, and after some time, un-installed it. But even after un-installing, every time I start my computer, the Auto Update dialogue box pops up. The title bar does not say which product it belongs to.

This box can't be from Advanced Windows Care, because in the Personal Edition, the Auto Update feature is simply not available.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Auto Update box?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Re: Auto Update - Even After Uninstalling Smart Defrag

I installed IObit Smart Defrag, and after some time, un-installed it. But even after un-installing, every time I start my computer, the Auto Update dialogue box pops up. The title bar does not say which product it belongs to.

This box can't be from Advanced Windows Care, because in the Personal Edition, the Auto Update feature is simply not available.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Auto Update box?

Thanks.

Maybe run a registry scanner after uninstall. It works often!

removing updater

IMHO, What I would do is first use a utility like CCleaner to go in and find if there is still a startup object executing. Disable it and/or delete it. Note where the executable is coming from and then use Explorer to go delete the files. (C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag)

THEN I would use a registry cleaner to "tidy up".

Archived