IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Trojan.downloader issues [Not a problem!]

Hello everyone,

I downloaded ASC to my husband's computer to help clean it up a bit and while it was scanning for spyware removal I noticed it was scanning several files that said something like "trojan.downloader.win32." One had .bho and another had .comet. I've done some researching and have found that these are not a good thing but I don't know how to remove them. I run ASC to scan, then repair, then scan again but they are all still there. I've done this several times and the repair doesn't seem to work. It tells me the problem is fixed but after scanning again ASC comes up with the same number of problems. My husband has AVG Internet Security that scans the computer every night but it says there are no viruses found. AVG also has a firewall.

So, with the virus protection and ASC sweeps everyday, should I still be worried about the trojan downloader? How do I remove it? Also, would the trojan downloader transfer itself to a thumbdrive or external harddrive? :roll:

Scanning for

Hello everyone,

I downloaded ASC to my husband's computer to help clean it up a bit and while it was scanning for spyware removal I noticed it was scanning several files that said something like "trojan.downloader.win32."......

Welcome to the forum White_Cloud :smile:

When you say I noticed it was scanning several files that said something like "trojan.downloader.win32. do you mean you saw them under the progress bar as in the image below ?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5330&stc=1&d=1274725722

If this is what you saw then it is just an indication of what it is looking for not what it has found.

Advanced System Care only looks for common (for want of a better word) spyware IObit Security 360 is the full malware software.

All the best, woz of oz

You know, I started to wonder if that's what it was doing after I had time to sit down with my laptop and saw it was showing the same thing. I looked in the online help files but couldn't find anything to tell me if it was scanning those actual files or only looking for them. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

It's good to know we don't have a problem with the computers! :razz:

Archived