IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Safe and Easy Freeware Downloading FreeApp

Hi friend!!

thank u i will be checking out that site for free stuff

Hi snoopy! What version of Macrium are you using. I just bought the registered version. I really don't need all the bells and whistles, but I wanted to support Macrium. I love my Macrium. It has saved me from a lot of work several times. Have you restored your OS with Macrium yet?? The registered version lets you go into the Macrium recovery mode without a rescue CD, which is pretty cool.I don't use the scheduled feature, just back up my OS once or maybe twice a month. It only takes me 9 or 10 minutes. I would like to hear your experiences with Macrium. That is kind of my only specializations on this forum. This is a great forum to learn things and I would like to welcome you to the forum.==garybear

hi garybear

I am useing the registered version of Macrium only have 2 weeks or so still learning, its a great program and i have backed up and restored my system last week to see if it worked lol ...

my system dual core runing win 7 and the backup only takes me 3 min , but i only have 9.80 gigs to back up ...

before Macrium i used Acronis True Image Home but it was not to my likeing too buggy...

I find Macrium tobe light on the system and great to use.

I have saved magorgeeks to my fav sites list they have os much stuff it will take me a while to go through it all..........:smile:

I am useing the registered version of Macrium only have 2 weeks or so still learning, its a great program and i have backed up and restored my system last week to see if it worked lol ...

my system dual core runing win 7 and the backup only takes me 3 min , but i only have 9.80 gigs to back up ...

before Macrium i used Acronis True Image Home but it was not to my likeing too buggy...

I find Macrium tobe light on the system and great to use.

I have saved magorgeeks to my fav sites list they have os much stuff it will take me a while to go through it all..........:smile:

Hi friend! I was just wondering where your saving your back up image. If your using the same HD, can you restore your OS if your Hard Drive dies?? I store my image on a external USB. If my HD dies, I just replace it with a new HD and restore my image on the new HD. I have done that and it works great. This might be some thing you want to think about. ==garybear

"If my HD dies, I just replace it with a new HD and restore my image on the new HD. I have done that and it works great."

Gary ,you saying this works ? this would be the same size and make..? the new hard drive or would a say,80gig

backup to a say 200 gig and work with the full drive available.as it would install the 80gig backup to it...never tried it as i was under the impression that would not work.just asking..and not want to go off topic ,,but why i ask ie i have 7 ,40 gig drives with different os and apps installed..and would love to back the 1

(40gig )to a 1.5 terry byte drive.so it would boot using the setup OS and apps..but never was thinking that could be possible..

many thanks.

itsmejjj

Hi

Hi garybear

I to store my image on a external USB Hard drive 500 gb and also on my backup partition . 365 gb

Hi itsmejjj

I have taken the os and apps off a 80gb hard disk seagate and backed it up to external USB Harddrive and then restored it onto a Samsung 750GB hard disk that i replased the 80gb with the os was Win 7 home but i did this with acronis true image home not with Macrium it worked ..............

ok that's very interesting to know. i never was sure one could ,and i never tried it as i was thinking the difference in the drives would not allow it..well i shall try it when i get a bit of time on 1 of my spare units

.now this will save a lot of work..

by the way did you need to add any drivers? or was it the same pc used..

i have kept near all my back ups on my external drive..my back up drive..

thank you for this reply

itsmejjj

Hi jjj!

"If my HD dies, I just replace it with a new HD and restore my image on the new HD. I have done that and it works great."

Gary ,you saying this works ? this would be the same size and make..? the new hard drive or would a say,80gig

backup to a say 200 gig and work with the full drive available.as it would install the 80gig backup to it...never tried it as i was under the impression that would not work.just asking..and not want to go off topic ,,but why i ask ie i have 7 ,40 gig drives with different os and apps installed..and would love to back the 1

(40gig )to a 1.5 terry byte drive.so it would boot using the setup OS and apps..but never was thinking that could be possible..

many thanks.

itsmejjj

Hi my good friend!! If I'm understanding you correctly; you want to make a back up image of a 40GB drive and restore it to a larger drive. This will work just fine. Macrium only balks when you try to restore a back up image to a smaller drive. If you restore a 40GB image to 1.5Tb HD, you will have two partitions unless you drag the slider to the right. I never do that because I want my C drive to remain small. I restore my 40 GB drive to a 100GB, but I don't drag the slider to increase the size of the C drive. After I restore the image, I divide the rest into separate partitions and name them. Screen prints attached. I hope this answers your question.==garybear

http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/07/15/HowToTransferWindowsXPToDifferentHardware.aspx

i tell you what this has opened up a lot to me ,and i will do this on my 200 gig

gives me 160 spare.by the way i would need to format the new partionsion160 gig?

drive.PC..i want to thank you both for this valuable info.all i may have to do is add a few drivers..this is absolutely.brilliant information!!

itsmejjj

Hi jjj!!

ok that's very interesting to know. i never was sure one could ,and i never tried it as i was thinking the difference in the drives would not allow it..well i shall try it when i get a bit of time on 1 of my spare units

.now this will save a lot of work..

by the way did you need to add any drivers? or was it the same pc used..

i have kept near all my back ups on my external drive..my back up drive..

thank you for this reply

itsmejjj

Hi friend! No I did not need to add drivers. I have used different makes of Hard Drives and they all have worked for me. I only have one PC. I would put the 40GB HD in your spare unit;make a back up image. Then replace the HD with your new 1.5TB HD, and restore the OS image to the new HD. drive. That should work.==garybear PS You could also put your 1.5TB HD in the second position, and restore your image to it, and then move it to the first position. You could do that without your Linux rescue CD.

Hi jjj!

i tell you what this has opened up a lot to me ,and i will do this on my 200 gig

gives me 160 spare.by the way i would need to format the new partionsion160 gig?

drive.PC..i want to thank you both for this valuable info.all i may have to do is add a few drivers..this is absolutely.brilliant information!!

itsmejjj

Hi friend!! This might help!!

http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/07/15/HowToTransferWindowsXPToDifferentHardware.aspx

Archived