IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem reporting on scheduled/automatic scans?

Chrispy

I'm curious to know how accurate the reporting of problems is on scheduled or automatic scans.

With no processing, no internet usage etc. ASC Pro reports 161 problems fixed and 4.6MB of files deleted.

Where did these problems and junk files come from if there has been no system usage between scans?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Have you taken the oath of the misteltoe?

Are you sure that no automatic checking for updates and the like has taken place - and no other automatic function has run between your scans?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm curious to know how accurate the reporting of problems is on scheduled or automatic scans.

With no processing, no internet usage etc. ASC Pro reports 161 problems fixed and 4.6MB of files deleted.

Where did these problems and junk files come from if there has been no system usage between scans?

Thanks

Chris

Hi solbjerg,

Having shut down my system very shortly after ASC had done an automated scan, then hours later turning my system on and heading off to make coffee, I return to find another automated scan had been done whilst the system was idle, with the results I mentioned.

The automated scans always seem to report large numbers of problems fixed, but if I initiate a scan myself, there are rarely any problems at all. Curious!?!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

On the face of it it I can understand that you find it a bit curious.

Have you checked what the "errors" were?

My guess is that they are registry "errors" - unnecessary leftover inserts in the registry from its normal startup.

These registry "errors" are created all the time during normal use of the computer.

In the restore center you can find the restore file in question and by right clicking on it choose to view the content.

As for running a manual scan, when the automatic one has "cleaned up" I find it natural that it finds much fewer "errors".

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Having shut down my system very shortly after ASC had done an automated scan, then hours later turning my system on and heading off to make coffee, I return to find another automated scan had been done whilst the system was idle, with the results I mentioned.

The automated scans always seem to report large numbers of problems fixed, but if I initiate a scan myself, there are rarely any problems at all. Curious!?!

Cheers

Chris

Archived