IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Flash Player 10.1.53.64 RC 7

Hi friend!!

Although it is still in Release Candidate phase, I would advice everbody to update their Flash Players for IE and non-IE browsers.

Here are the downlods for both of them:

Flash Player 10.1.53.64 RC 7 (IE)

Flash Player 10.1.53.64 RC 7 (Non-IE)

Cheers.

Hi friend!! Your links didn't work for me. Will this work.Don't forget to uncheck Mcafee

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Interesting that Adobe 9.3.2 is more vulnarable than Adobe 8.

It is a good advice to rename: authplay.dll @:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\authplay.dll for Reader

and

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\authplay.dll for Acrobat

I have renamed that to Aauthplay.dll untill the new patch is available.

Cheers.

IE Non-IE or both ?

I am confused about this.

As far as i can recalll I need Active-X installed to do a manual Windows update, so I assume I need Active-X installed for Windows to do an automatic update.

If that is the case then I would need to install the IE Flash update, wouldn't I ?

I never use the IE browser myself only FireFox or Opera, so I would need to install the Non-IE update

The question, should I install IE or Non-IE or both ?

All the best, woz of oz

Yes detailer, but better than beeing vulnarable, and it is not that always you open PDF that contains SWF content.

Try it and see that, PDFs without SWF on the web, open normally.

Also if there is an error, it is a kind of warning that vulnarable point is beeing tried.:grin:

If you are brave enough, you can rename it to the original and see the page without error.:lol:

Cheers.

Just Info..

for those who might panic if a crash occured and think you might have given poor advice (though we know you wouldn't).And Woz,why not use Windiz plug-in for Firefox to retrieve your updates? And enoskype,I would try that,except I got wise to that slow and bloated Adobe crap and moved on to Foxit some time ago.Another great portable is Sumatra-try those Woz :idea: and no worries ;-)

AutoMan

You will need both woz.:mrgreen:

Cheers.

Done, thanks :smile:

....And Woz,why not use Windiz plug-in for Firefox to retrieve your updates?

That AddOn looks really cool (but then most FireFox AddOns look cool)

The thing is, I am on of those wierd creatures you may have heard about, I let Windows automatically download and install updates anytime it likes. My Netbook is open-house for all things MS

Once a month I do a manual Custom checkup to see if there are any Drivers or whatever in the non-critical section.

I would prefer to keep IE up to date as much as possible and let Windows use it, if that is what it wants. There is other software that uses IE for updates etc and I am happy to let that be.

That is, happy until I get an infection and then I am sure gonna tell somebody about it :mrgreen:

.....I would try that,except I got wise to that slow and bloated Adobe crap and moved on to Foxit some time ago.Another great portable is Sumatra-try those Woz :idea: and no worries ;-)

I use and am a big fan of FoxIt as are most of my friends. There are some who still use Adobe but they need a full SuperDuper version for work and tell me Adobe can't be beaten. I guess they are right.

All the best, woz of oz

Secunia

Secunia keeps me up to date with all "End of Life" applications and updating them through Secunia is a breeze. I've just updated to Flash 10.1 r53.

Secunia is awesome :smile:

I always recommend Secunia PSI and I am especially pushy about it to my procrastinating friends.

Me: Did you update Adobe Flash ?

Them: I'll do it later

But with secunia PSI it's start the scan, go make a cup of coffee, come back and follow the simple directions. Brilliant :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived