IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Ram indicates 100% CPU free all the time

DonnyD

I have Smart Ram running on a Win7 X64 laptop and the icon in the task bar always shows 100% cpu free. I also have it running on a win xp desktop and do not have this problem. Is anyone else having this issue and is it a known bug??

I have Smart Ram running on a Win7 X64 laptop and the icon in the task bar always shows 100% cpu free. I also have it running on a win xp desktop and do not have this problem. Is anyone else having this issue and is it a known bug??

Dear DonnyD,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Smart Ram indeed had this issue. It did not work on 64bit system as well as on 32bit.

This bug will be fixed soon.

Best regards.

Help for further investigation?

Dear DonnyD,

Both you user and us hope it will be fixed soon. :mrgreen:

At present we have to do more investigation to reappear this issue. We will try our best to solve it soon.

Meanwhile, would you please supply us more details?

1. You said tray icon always shows 100% CPU free, right? Please try to 1) move your mouse cursor on the tray icon to record CPU usage. 2) Move cursor away and back on the tray icon to see if CPU usage changed.

2. Please take some screenshots about this issue.

Guide for taking screen shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thank you in advance. :-) Millions tons of thanks for your help & time.:-)

Cheers.

Dear DonnyD,

Both you user and us hope it will be fixed soon. :mrgreen:

At present we have to do more investigation to reappear this issue. We will try our best to solve it soon.

Meanwhile, would you please supply us more details?

1. You said tray icon always shows 100% CPU free, right? Please try to 1) move your mouse cursor on the tray icon to record CPU usage. 2) Move cursor away and back on the tray icon to see if CPU usage changed.

2. Please take some screenshots about this issue.

Guide for taking screen shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thank you in advance. :-) Millions tons of thanks for your help & time.:-)

Cheers.

I have SmartRam running on both win7 64bit and win/xp sp3. I do not have the cpu issue with windows xp, only with win7. I have been trying to upload my screen shot as an attachment but I keep getting an upload failed under your "manage attachments". My bmp file is over 2M could that be the cause? Your manage attachments indicates a max of 19.5K for bmp files..

jpg

...... I have been trying to upload my screen shot as an attachment but I keep getting an upload failed under your "manage attachments". My bmp file is over 2M could that be the cause? Your manage attachments indicates a max of 19.5K for bmp files..

Convert it to jpg (1,000 kb)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5486&stc=1&d=1276578744

If it's still too big you could Resize it or Crop it if you have the image editing software.

Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

To capture the screenshot, you can also use FastStone Capture (free version, very handy tool)

All the best, woz of oz

I have SmartRam running on both win7 64bit and win/xp sp3. I do not have the cpu issue with windows xp, only with win7.

I converted the bmp to jpg. Here is the screen shot from my win/xp system. Will send a screen shot from my win7....

Archived