IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Command Line Arguments

Are there any command line arguments available to start Game Booster with?

I am hoping, specifically, that you could start the program with an argument that would cause the program to start and then automatically switch to 'Gaming Mode'. The idea would be, after you have selected all your settings for the typical things you want shut down, you could start it with a shortcut that would prevent having to click to get it in 'Gaming Mode'.

Thanks for any help with this.

Cheers!

Great idea

I am hoping, specifically, that you could start the program with an argument that would cause the program to start and then automatically switch to 'Gaming Mode'. The idea would be, after you have selected all your settings for the typical things you want shut down, you could start it with a shortcut that would prevent having to click to get it in 'Gaming Mode'.

Dear mojoflow,

Thank you very much for your great idea.

Cheers.

You're welcome.

I have noticed some other comments from people asking for more of a 'one click' start into gaming mode, maybe this would be one way to achieve this.

Is this something that you think you could add to your feature list and possibly implement in a future release? If so, that would be excellent!

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

You're welcome.

I have noticed some other comments from people asking for more of a 'one click' start into gaming mode, maybe this would be one way to achieve this.

Is this something that you think you could add to your feature list and possibly implement in a future release? If so, that would be excellent!

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

Dear mojoflow,

Yes, we had noticed "one click" requirements and we have found a way to improve this.

Your suggestion is such an amazing one and we will add another "Switch to Game Mode" shortcut for Game Booster in a future version v1.5, a few days later.

Cheers.

Yes, one click. Then to return to Normal Mode......Right click on the Taskbar on the Game Booster icon Get an option to "Back to Normal Mode".

No need to open it, wait, then push the button.

These 2 options improve this utility greatly.

Dear masterblaster,

Thank you.

Adding an option of "Back to Normal Mode & Exit" on Tray icon will make Game Booster more easily to use. But, it needs a big operation for solving this issue because structure design of Game Booster v1.

However, we will keep hard working on it and improve it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

I have downloaded 1.5.

I can't find anywhere what command line switch to use?

Is it something like gamebooster.exe /gaming

?

Can someone please help me out with it, I can't find it in the whatsnew.txt or anything.

Cheers!

Hi mojoflow,

Here is the info in my What's new.txt:

Update History

1.5 (June 21, 2010)

+ Added Game Defrag report

+ Added Switch to Gaming Mode shortcut

+ Added IObit Toolbar

+ Improved 1-click switching

+ Improved services list

* Fixed general bugs

The major improvement of GB V1.5 is adding "Switch to Gaming Mode" desktop shortcut.

Regarding the Command line switching function, we have a discussion here.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=7213

IObit are researching this now.:grin:

Archived