IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced WindowsCare V3 Beta1 available now

Tim Xue

Tim,

VERY NICE! and loaded with tools!

I have tried this on Windows 2000- so far the only problem I have found is that the defragmenter will not run. no matter what I do, it always says

"Disk C is being used by another program Please stop the program & try again". I have no other programs running. I even shut down anti-virus and firewall and got the same result.

Everything else seems to be working great so far. This will be a geat program.

samr.

Different Builds

Hi everbody,

I advice to Beta Testers to use the setup file in Major Geeks, as it is a newer build one (3991 KB.)(2.9.9.214) vs (3389 KB.)(2.9.9.212) of the one on the link in post #1.

Entertainment Boost choice works in the newer one, "Floders" typo error corrected to "Folders"..

Cheers.

Hi, Guys

In all a good first up impression :-)

But PC Advisor is a bit of a let down and more of a Adware, product on selling type pushing :sad:

The suggested recommendation to turn on your windows firewall had me falling off my chair laughing so hard.

If you want to get hacked in the shortest time possible then by all means turn on Billy boys wonderful piece of crap.

One thing when the scan is completed during the care process it appears that you can not review the findings before repairng.

In AWC V2 it is a good point to check what you are going to repair especially registry keys, which were able to be added to the ignore list before repair. This was useful for finding what key needed to be protected for the AWC Bug for the PD2008 Program

Hi everybody,

Unless it is an Offer or News, I believe, it will be much easier for Administrators, Moderators and Members following the problems and bugs of AWC3 Beta, if we all post or open a thread for problems and bugs about AWC3 Beta in Beta_Testing section, unless advised otherwise by Admins.

Thank you.

Question of AWC3 accuracy

I run two registry key programs AWC3 and Registry smart.

Q: Why is it that after I ran AWC3, I still have issues that need resolved by the other program, but never vice versa. That also seems to be the fact with a lot of programs out there claiming to clean-up windows or make it more efficient. It seems that there is no holy grail of a program that actually is able to solve and do what it claims appropriate and fully.:sad:

In other words, if one wants to run a lean PC, he/she needs to invest in several programs to clean, defrag and secure their PC.

Just am observation.:-)

i always run a couple of reg cleaners, like anti spyware programs some miss a few that others pick up.

awc3 is a lot better now it has a option for a deep scan.

i also run eusing and winaso followed by a reg defrag using auslogics.

some reg cleaners are too enthusiastic and mess up the pc by deleting too much.

some reg cleaners are too enthusiastic and mess up the pc by deleting too much.

MOST are too enthusiastic anymore. A lot of those were, once upon a time, very decent reg cleaners and pc cleanup tools. But like most, they are always trying to keep their jobs by trying to convince the majority of people that the program needs to be upgraded, improved, with added utilities, deeper scans...etc. which basically ruins a good piece of software.

I see AWC making this same mistake. They have/had a nice simple program that scanned your computer in a way that improved the speed and stability without going so deep in the scan and tools to cause or create problems. Every new version has added a deeper scan and a newer tool that has caused problems. Now they are trying to include the defrag utility in their newest version despite the fact that it has been known to cause lots of problems. Even if they have the option to disable it, its still there and a waste of bandwidth to download it. If AWC wants to insist on putting all these tools in an all in one software, they should do it in modules where you can pick and choose which one you really want to download and use. Besides that they should not have all these utilities turned on by default.

This will be my last posting here because I have ran these thoughts past the developers using the online technical support option without response. Problems that I had with one version went unanswered as well. I won't be supporting them anymore. There are many utilities as stand alone that does the job as well if not better even though I might have to run 3 or 4 instead of 1 to do them... at least I can have my defrag program by choice without worrying whether or not another defrag utility included in an all in one program will want to run in the background for me to wake up in the morning with all my files trashed.

Beware of these registry programs when they start getting deeper scans and taunt being improved upon...they can be a computer killer. So can defrag utilities... choose wisely and look at all the forums associated with them. I've heard many people tell me that they used a fairly new defrag utility out there only to find a blue screen and a harddrive that can't be read afterwards.

i can think of two prorams that started off ok but now trash the pc because they go too deep [glary utilities and wise regisrty & disk clean up].

so far please with awc3 got a few minor niggles which i have mentioned. only big issue give the user option to disable the defrag if not wanted.

Yes. It's quit a hard job to put many modules and feature into one program that runs fast, smart and steadily. But that's our job and interest to fight for.

A good news that the Defrag module and a new module that replaced "PC Analyzer" is now working well! You will see them in beta2 that may release in the middle of this month.

Archived