IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

firefox wont run

I have a paid copy of advanced system care.

After getting a licence and running the program I could no longer get into Firefox. It worked fine before.

I am running windows xp. Firefox is the latest version.

When I look in task manager it shows firefox.exe on the screen for a few moments but then disappears.

Firefox is my default browser.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Help!

Lyn:evil:

Strange

Welcome to the forum ladylyn5150 :smile:

This is strange, I have exactly the same setup as you XP (SP3), FireFox is default and Advanced System Care Pro

I have nothing related to FireFox in the Advanced System Care Ignore list

I just did a full scan by clicking the Care button and when it was finished I launched FireFox with no problems.

Did you try Restarting your computer ?

If that doesn't fix it try starting FireFox in Mozilla FireFox Safe Mode

• Start

• All Programs

• Mozilla FireFox

• Mozilla FireFox (Safe Mode)

You can read an explanation of FireFox Safe Mode @

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode

Please reply back and tell us how it went

All the best, woz of oz

Hi ladylyn

What program did you uninstall-reinstall?

If it was ASC I suggest a quite "Clean uninstall/install" - procedure described in Usage of IObit Programs

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried to open firefox in safe mode and it wouldnt open. Firefox.exe showed up in task manager but it disappeared after a few seconds.

Hi ladylyn

Since it by inference sounds as if the problems occured after the installation of ASC Pro, I will suggest that you try a "Clean Install" of ASC - (remove the ASC folder too after uninstall) to get rid of leftovers - remember to activate your pro license again, and during your first manual scans please check all "problems" and place those you need in the Ignore List.

And see if that helps.

If not try a chkdsk and a sfc /scannow

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. did you by the way run a shortcut scan? Or a clone file finder search?

p.p.s. If you right click your shortcut to Firefox and choose Properties and then the button find parent directory - what does it say?

when i put the computer into safe mode and tried opening firefox it opened and ran normally.

when i restarted the comp and let it run normally firefox wouldnt open.

I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

i completely uninstalled asc and reinstalled. Nothing changed.

when i tried to run the sfc/scannow i got an error message that said that the f parameter wasnt specified and it didnt completely run thru.

the shortcut scan didnt find any problems

i ran the cloned files and it seemed ok, didnt want to mess with anything there.

firefox properties target "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

Hi ladylyn

I am sorry nothing worked.

The sfc /scannow is a command used from Run and works if one has the install cd with the latest SP2 and SP3.

Which can demand some updating of the install file on your part.

Did you follow all recommandation in Usage of IObit Products thread?

Cheers

solbjerg

i completely uninstalled asc and reinstalled. Nothing changed.

when i tried to run the sfc/scannow i got an error message that said that the f parameter wasnt specified and it didnt completely run thru.

the shortcut scan didnt find any problems

i ran the cloned files and it seemed ok, didnt want to mess with anything there.

firefox properties target "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

• 4 weeks later...

After an upgrade to Firefox and a windows update, the browser is running again. It opens when the computer starts and after closing and reopening. Not sure what did it but at least it works.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Lyn

Archived