IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MSN/Hotmail Query [SOLVED by db 1610]

Hi Guys,

In the last 2 days - I've been helping my Boss access his Hotmail account. Following a session - I've run a Smart Scan (IS360) and it has come up with 2 detections in Temporary Internet Files. Today - the same 2 appeared, along with a 3rd detection (being Hip_Replay)

NOTE : ALL detections are image files.

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1608

Time Elapsed:00:00:46

Objects Scanned:56136

Threats Found:3

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Spyware.Dropper - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4TOCI45H\hip_replay[1].gif, 9-77902

Keylogger.AdBars - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P1A1TBCB\toolbarmap[1].png, 9-73309

Backdoor.ClientMan - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X1O81U30\ics_1[1].gif, 9-56833

I am not really concerned with them, because IS360 deletes them when instructed & a subsequent scan reveals nothing.

I've attached the 3 zipped files, with the usual password.

I've not uploaded the 3 files to VirusTotal. I will, if you request that I do so.

On "Go to entry" for one of them (I can't remember which one) - I ran a context menu scan with IS360 & it came up clean. No other security software has detected anything suspicious.

As I said - this is not a real concern to me, but - other people may panic. Other people may have experienced the same. MSN & Hotmail are all new to me. I prefer OUTLOOK EXPRESS !!! :oops:

Thanks for any assistance here.

Kind regards - Footloose

hip_replay[1].zip

ics_1[1].zip

toolbarmap[1].zip

Hi Guys,

In the last 2 days - I've been helping my Boss access his Hotmail account. Following a session - I've run a Smart Scan (IS360) and it has come up with 2 detections in Temporary Internet Files. Today - the same 2 appeared, along with a 3rd detection (being Hip_Replay)

NOTE : ALL detections are image files.

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1608

Time Elapsed:00:00:46

Objects Scanned:56136

Threats Found:3

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Spyware.Dropper - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4TOCI45H\hip_replay[1].gif, 9-77902

Keylogger.AdBars - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P1A1TBCB\toolbarmap[1].png, 9-73309

Backdoor.ClientMan - Quarantined, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X1O81U30\ics_1[1].gif, 9-56833

I am not really concerned with them, because IS360 deletes them when instructed & a subsequent scan reveals nothing.

I've attached the 3 zipped files, with the usual password.

I've not uploaded the 3 files to VirusTotal. I will, if you request that I do so.

On "Go to entry" for one of them (I can't remember which one) - I ran a context menu scan with IS360 & it came up clean. No other security software has detected anything suspicious.

As I said - this is not a real concern to me, but - other people may panic. Other people may have experienced the same. MSN & Hotmail are all new to me. I prefer OUTLOOK EXPRESS !!! :oops:

Thanks for any assistance here.

Kind regards - Footloose

Hi Footloose

Thanks for your feedback.

It's a false positive. Sorry for the trouble we have caused to you.

We will solve this issue in our later update definition 1610.

CHEERS

• 3 weeks later...

MSN/Hotmail Query SOLVED by db 1610

That is very weird because my two Hotmail accounts and MSN mail accounts have been working fine in Outlook Express up until yesterday.Damn it sucks lol so called for our benifit.Only makes me now have to manually check 3 accounts which could all be checked at once via Outlook.Damn Microsoft to hell.

Archived