IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Won't defrag files above 1gb.

Hi Ron

Try taking a look at your program settings - if you have the 1GB limit ticked, try unticking it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

SD 1.45 doesn't seems to be able to defrag files greater then 1gb. I see this in the log. I have 120gb free on 500gb drive so defragging should not be space limited.

RON C

Together with the rest of the report, also show us the screenshot of the main GUI of SD when Drive U: is analyzed please.

Check the checkbox, slide the slider to the most right (skip files larger than 10 GB), uncheck the checkbox, click Apply, click OK, restart SD before analysis.

Thanks and cheers.

Try Fast Optimize or Deep Optimize please

Dear Ron C,

Please have a look at attached image (I only added some description on yours).

The gray blocks mean Rarely Used Space (Space taken up by some small files) and the white one means Free Space.

If you want to defrag a file of 1GB, there must be at least 1GB Free Space. More over, it must be continuous free disk space.

There is totally 116GB unused space on your U:\, but less than 1GB continuous free disk space (only one white blocks on your U:\). That is why Smart Defrag told us "Not enough space" that it exactly wanted to tell us there is not enough continuous free space.

However, please don't pain in this issue.

You can try the Fast Optimize Method or the Deep Optimize Method (will take a little more time). It may help you to defrag and optimize file location and free more continuous free space. Then you can defrag bigger files.

Here are some more useful information created by solbjerg

Good Luck and Cheers.

1gb

Will compressing the files free-up that Rarely used space. This is purely an archival disk.

Looking at the colored display, I find it hard to differentiate between Rarely used and Open. Might put some symbol in the open squares.

Thanks,

RON C

Hi Ron

Last question first :-)

Please change the colours to some you are comfortable with!

Your first question - large picture or video files are sometimes difficult - and I am not sure that it is a good idea to defrag them with a defragmenter.

I think I would defrag these files by copying them temporarily to another disc - delete those left in it's usual position - and them copy them back to the original disc and delete them from the temporary one.

That way they will be defragged.

I wouldn't compress them - I feel there will be too much room for errors.

Just a suggestion though!

Cheers

solbjerg

Will compressing the files free-up that Rarely used space. This is purely an archival disk.

Looking at the colored display, I find it hard to differentiate between Rarely used and Open. Might put some symbol in the open squares.

Thanks,

RON C

1gb

Resetting colors for squares works well. Need to document these features.

I just finished copy, delete and recopy of about fifteen files with high fragmentation and that helped those files but even running defrag before returning the files gained only what I copied before defragged.

Maybe I should copy non-defragged files, delete them, run defrag and the return the copied files. Seems like this might give defrag more continuous space.

Will let you know.

RON C

Hi Ron

Previously the legend for the colours was written out beside them - now however it is in the popup that appears if you hover over a colour.

The explanation of how to change the colours can be found in Usage of IObit Products, - but you are right a short explanation by the colours would be good - for example "Click color to change it"

Good luck!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Resetting colors for squares works well. Need to document these features.

I just finished copy, delete and recopy of about fifteen files with high fragmentation and that helped those files but even running defrag before returning the files gained only what I copied before defragged.

Maybe I should copy non-defragged files, delete them, run defrag and the return the copied files. Seems like this might give defrag more continuous space.

Will let you know.

RON C

Archived