IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Another IObit SmartDefrag Beta4.02 available here!!!

Another Beta4.02 available here !!! (With "DefragSetup.exe" setup file.)

Apart from the narrower GUI (about 1.0cm on the right pane and you can't read the right pane without scrolling horizontally back and forth)

and "What's new" text, I don't have a clue about the difference with the one given in the Forum for test. (With "smartdefrag3.exe" setup file.)

Note:

Update History

Beta 4.02 (Dec 4, 2007)

* Fixed several serious bugs

* Fixed general bugs

EDIT: Scrolling horizontally back and forth is corrected by IObit

Nevermind testing this.

It's the same crap I've mentioned before. On all disks it finds 13 files of which 3 are fragmented.

It's the same old story as before. These folks are completely ignorant of all remarks of the beta testers and release one crappy version after one other with so called new features and without solving existing bugs.

As far as I'm concerned they've lost all credibility now.

I encourage everyone once more to go to http://www.dirms.com and test that one. That program is at least doing what it should do.

Did you ever consider that it's something YOU are doing differently and not iobit? This program works excellently for me. I run an analysis on the windows defragger, then run this program, then analyze again using windows and it works very very well every time (as the analysis shows), and it always has for me. And it's a beta. Not everything in any beta is going to work flawlessly...I'm sure they're working very hard to iron out all the kinks. =]

Sounds to me as if there are some "clutter" from previous installs of the program, so a "clean" install might do the trick.

Also be sure that the blocking of the program is removed, or go to the firewall and add the program to exceptions.

solbjerg

Nevermind testing this.

It's the same crap I've mentioned before. On all disks it finds 13 files of which 3 are fragmented.

It's the same old story as before. These folks are completely ignorant of all remarks of the beta testers and release one crappy version after one other with so called new features and without solving existing bugs.

As far as I'm concerned they've lost all credibility now.

I encourage everyone once more to go to www.dirms.com and test that one. That program is at least doing what it should do.

• 2 weeks later...

My system is perfectly normal. Windows XP SP2 fully patched.

I'm not doing wrong it just seems that they can't produce a decent product for the moment, which is quite annoying.

Moreover this forum is flooded with complaints (see for example here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=615)

And what's the final result:

They can't be contacted...

I'm doing each time a clear install so no leftovers. And that earlier version without prefetching is just working normal.

Spoken about prefetching. I've disabled the built-in prefetching function of my Windows (has to do with certain services, I use).

May be that's why things go wrong?

I've disabled the built-in prefetching function of my Windows (has to do with certain services, I use).

May be that's why things go wrong?

Maybe. Check out this article by Ed Bott. He's only talking about cleaning out the prefetch folder, but I have seen at least two other articles (no links...sorry) that claimed disabling the prefetcher could crash certain programs. Not sure why given how Ed explains the workings, but there ya go. If you Google around a little you'll find scads of articles, blogs and posts supporting the idea of leaving prefetch alone.

Archived