IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help please

rockyman

I downloaded and ran IO360 and did a bit of a clean up, fairly new to this but there seems to be a program called adserving.cpxinteractive and whilst I was scanning with IO it loaded ten popups on my computer, do any of you clever guys know how to get rid of this as IO does not seem to.

Best regards

here

Click Here

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application

When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.

Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".

Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

This should do the trick

Yours Snoopy2010 , Stupid Guy Here ,3H48002Y4, Former Iobit user, and who ever else I am today or tommrow?

Or..

if MBAM won't find it (and I suspect it won't)along with Spybot and a host of others,you can try to install AdBlock Plus if you are using Firefox browser.Once installed,open the options and add the following to "new filters" > adserving.cpxinteractive.com and cpxinteractive.com.This pop-up could be a symptom of a possible infection(key logger perhaps),and depending on what you are running for security,specifically anti-virus,I would recommend Spyware Dr. to have a go at it.Take advantage of the 30 day trial,but remember,two AV's running together is likely to cause problems.Disable or uninstall your current if you go this route.360 does not figure into this equation in any way,so leave it be.

Thanks a lot you two guys, I have to say that when I tried to run MBAM at first it got to 14 infections and the computer shut down each time before the end of the scan, so I ran it in 'safe mode' and it ran and picked up 67 infections which it cleared and I no longer have those annoying popups which is great and many thanks, the only problems I have now is the computer takes ages to start up with a blank screen after logon and really slow and sometimes take a long time to shutdown but I suspect I need to start clearing out some files, just have only one AV it will definitely be IObit and MBAM before I take on that task.

Great advice thank you again.

regards Rob UK

Hi rockyman

Do you have many startup programs?

ASC can assist you there :-)

What about chkdsk? Have you tried that?

The sfc /scannow have you tried that?

And finally defragmentation - what is your status there - and how much free space (in %) do you have?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks a lot you two guys, I have to say that when I tried to run MBAM at first it got to 14 infections and the computer shut down each time before the end of the scan, so I ran it in 'safe mode' and it ran and picked up 67 infections which it cleared and I no longer have those annoying popups which is great and many thanks, the only problems I have now is the computer takes ages to start up with a blank screen after logon and really slow and sometimes take a long time to shutdown but I suspect I need to start clearing out some files, just have only one AV it will definitely be IObit and MBAM before I take on that task.

Great advice thank you again.

regards Rob UK

Good news

Glad to hear pops are gone.I recommend a full scan with MBAM if you haven't already-with that number found,there's probably more lurking deeper in your system files.After that,install SAS using same update procedure before a full scan. Then on to Hitman Pro for a five engine cloud search.Free version detects and quarantines for 30 days.After you're clean,we will work on your boot/shutdown speed-but first things first :ESET is great as well.Don't feel overwhelmed,but I would use every scanner I could find to check that system before anything else.Then SFC per Solbjerg with a good junk /temp file cleaning followed by a defrag.This will be a muti-step process,but well worth the time with the support you'll find here.Please indicate your browser of choice and what AV you currently use.

Archived