IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GameBooster doesn't remember! [SOLVED by GB v1.51]

If I go to advanced mode to configure the services I want for it to close (after ticking "Show All Current Processes") the checkbox "Remember" doesn't seem to do it's job:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1200/gbcannotremember.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Version 1.5, Windows 7 x64.

Hi Saxtus,

Did you try it couple of times exiting Game Booster and restarting the PC?

It has worked for me after couple of tries.

Cheers.

This has not worked for me (Vista Home Premium 64-bit).

I have to click on configure, at which point I discover the "display all running processes" box is NOT checked - even though I left it that way.

The switch to game mode shortcut is useless because it does not remember the processes I manually selected the last time I ran the program.

I went back to the previous version, since this version has effectively forced me to take TWO steps before I can close all the processes I want to close, whereas the previous version only required one step. Now, unfortunately, the older version nags me about the available update, so in terms of mouse clicks, I'm no further ahead than I was before... :-(

I have to click on configure, at which point I discover the "display all running processes" box is NOT checked - even though I left it that way.
Same here, one-click functionality is gone if you want to choose from the "show all processes" mode.

The switch to game mode shortcut is useless because it does not remember the processes I manually selected the last time I ran the program.
After rebooting, mine it remembers them, but the above problem still exists, rendering one-click mode useless.

Just made another interesting discovery: if you use the switch to game mode shortcut, the [checkedapps] section of the INI file is erased. I then have to go back to the configuration screen and re-enter all the processes I previously checked.

This release is definitely buggy.

Sorry guys, I should have pointed out that XP and Win7 tried were with 32 bit versions. It must be a glitch specificly for 64 bit versions of Vista and Win7, and perhaps with XPx64 also.

@ aria1946,

You can block the internet access of previous version of GB in firewall untill the remembrance problem is solved.

Cheers.

Sorry guys, I should have pointed out that XP and Win7 tried were with 32 bit versions. It must be a glitch specificly for 64 bit versions of Vista and Win7, and perhaps with XPx64 also.

@ aria1946,

You can block the internet access of previous version of GB in firewall untill the remembrance problem is solved.

Cheers.

I'm not sure how to do that. GameBooster does not already appear in my firewall list, and adding it seems to be treated by the firewall as explicitly allowing it access.

When I checked the firewall I found two entries for gamebooster. one was in the iobit\gamebooster folder, and the other was in the advanced systemcare folder, called sup_gamebooster.exe

I guess I'll just learn to live with the added annoyance and hope you folks find a fix for this problem soon.

I'm having the exact same problem, XP SP3, 32-bit.

Whenever I check "Remember" after selecting unnecessary programs to close, it only remembers once. The next time I open GB, it forgets. It does this even after restart, it will only remember to close those programs once. Every subsequent time I have to re-check the boxes.

Will you all please check GameBooster.ini file opening with Notepad, if it contains:

RememberApps=1

line exists!

If not, please add it as the fifth line and save the file and try again.

Cheers.

It exists in my INI file, and is the 5th line in the file - in fact, I don't recall ever NOT seeing it there, even in v1.4.

Hi all

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

The new version of Game Booster 1.5 was designed to improve the "One-Click" using experience---Once you configured and remembered the configuration, you can switch to gaming mode by only "One-Click".

But like you said, there must be some defect. We will investigate and improve it soon.

BTW, if you have any suggestion, please let us know.:-P

Cheers.

The new version of Game Booster 1.5 was designed to improve the "One-Click" using experience---Once you configured and remembered the configuration, you can switch to gaming mode by only "One-Click".

But like you said, there must be some defect. We will investigate and improve it soon.

The problem existed in v1.4 too but now we require more clicks...

Will you all please check GameBooster.ini file opening with Notepad, if it contains:

RememberApps=1

line exists!

If not, please add it as the fifth line and save the file and try again.

Cheers.

Yeah, it's already there in mine too.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

It's not saving for me at all. Not even from launch to launch.

The procedure is a bit tricky. After starting the program, click on configure. Make sure that both the remember and show all processes boxes are checked. Go through the process list and select the ones you want to close. Click OK and then switch to game mode.

The next time you run GB, you still have to click configure and make sure that remember and show all processes are checked. The ones you selected previously should then show up already checked. Then you should be able to continue as before.

If all else fails, check the INI file at the bottom in the section called [checkedapps]. See if the processes you selected to stop have a 1 after the equal sign. The ones you left alone should have a 0 after the equal sign.

If this doesn't work for you, then the program is even more broken than I thought.

The procedure is a bit tricky. After starting the program, click on configure. Make sure that both the remember and show all processes boxes are checked. Go through the process list and select the ones you want to close. Click OK and then switch to game mode.

The next time you run GB, you still have to click configure and make sure that remember and show all processes are checked. The ones you selected previously should then show up already checked. Then you should be able to continue as before.

This worked for me (thanks aria!), as long as I use the main program to switch modes. As soon as I try to use the "Switch to Gaming Mode" shortcut, it forgets them.

We should not need tricks to make it work, this must be fixed.

Is there a way to help the developer find the cause of this?

I'm hoping they'll get access to a 64-bit Vista machine so they can reproduce the problem. They can't fix what they can't see.

• 5 weeks later...

I also notice this problem... Have to always configure what programs I want to close and I also always have to:

Change to Gaming Mode > Change to Normal Mode > Change to Gaming Mode again

...the programs to close.

Started having this problem since 1.5...

Win Vista Business 64 SP2

Archived