IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag loses Icon in Vista and Win7

I have noticed the desktop shortcut icons losing the standard Smart Defrag icon in Vista and Win 7. The icon is replaced by a default generic icon. Clicking on the icon works and starts the program properly. So, the function is not affected, just the appearance. Upon checking the target location (the .exe file in the program folder) I find it has lost the standard Smart Defrag icon and it too replaced by a default generic icon.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I have seen this on many computer with Vista and Win 7.

Thanks.

Hi jaustin175,

Please delete the icon and create a shortcut for desktop from the EXE file.

Right click menu of EXE file=>hover over Send to=>click Desktop (create shortcut)

If it doesn't work, try to change the icon in the right click menu properties of the shortcut pointing to the concerned EXE file.

Cheers.

As I said in the original post, "Upon checking the target location (the .exe file in the program folder) I find it has lost the standard Smart Defrag icon and it too replaced by a default generic icon." So the place you are suggesting to tap a new icon is a generic default icon too and this procedure won't work.

I did change it to the proper icon using the change icon feature. The icon image is still stored there and I went through the process as if I were going to change it. What I still want to know is why it happens in the first place and how to prevent the icon loss in Vista and Win 7.

Archived