IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Had an accident while using the Iobit registry defrager

While using the Iobit registry defrager that is in the tools section of Advanced System Care the Windows firewall window popped up and the registry defrager got stuck on a black screen so i had to turn the computer off. I know it says to turn off all programs while using it, but do you think this might have caused some damage?

Also what is the difference between that one and the one that is a part of the scan? I usually do the Iobit one after i do a scan and it says that my registry is already defraged.

Hi jckinnick,

Firstly we suggest to turn off your fire wall temporary when scanning by ASC.

Secondly, could you please take a screenshot of your problem for our investigation.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thirdly, for the feature of different modules, please go to the following link for detail.

Usage of IObit Products

Hi jckinnick,

Firstly we suggest to turn off your fire wall temporary when scanning by ASC.

Secondly, could you please take a screenshot of your problem for our investigation.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thirdly, for the feature of different modules, please go to the following link for detail.

Usage of IObit Products

I did turn off my Webroot firewall that's why the windows "firewall alert not turned on" window popped up during the defrag. I couldn't take a screen shot because my the screen went dark and i couldn't do anything but restart the computer, not black but dark the way it does while its defraging.

Hi jckinnick,

The IObit Registry Defrag is to opitimize the registry of your computer. So if some programs which have keys in the registry are not turned off, you will get popups when defrag by IObit Registry Defrag.

And normally when the IObit Registry Defrag is analyzing, the screen of your computer will become dark like the attached piture.

Hi jckinnick,

The IObit Registry Defrag is to opitimize the registry of your computer. So if some programs which have keys in the registry are not turned off, you will get popups when defrag by IObit Registry Defrag.

And normally when the IObit Registry Defrag is analyzing, the screen of your computer will become dark like the attached piture.

I know that but when the windows alert came up to inform me that my virus protection was turned off the screen stayed that way and i had to turn the computer off manually.

Hi jckinnick,

Only way to understand is to restart the computer and look for errors if they exist anyway.

Normally, the darkened phase is the search & calculation phase and I wouldn't expect anything negative should turn out.

Taking all the necessary precations, please try it again.

Cheers.

Archived