IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC and Comodo IS

ESM

Hi,

I am afraid that ASC makes that Comodo is less safe... The Leaktest of Comodo shows 340/340 when you test it without ASC installed. I installed ASC and right after that did a scan, ASC found errors, and 'corrected' them. After that I restarted the PC and did another Leaktest. And all of a sudden a lot of vulnerable signs turn up in the Leaktest program. And the result was 200/340.

I put back the registry that ASC made before scanning and another Leaktest showed 340/340 again.

So I think IObit does need to look into this matter. ASC removes too much, so it seems.

Cis ?

I did the Comodo Leak Test a while ago and got 300/340, I use Advanced System Care Pro and CIS 3 (full suite), I can't remember what the Vulnerable items were.

I must admit I'm not convinced these tests (by any company) are of much value. If they are testing for the perfectly secure computer then they will probably never find it unless they pull the plug on the internet :wink:

A few questions that might help to find out why the score was so low.

What 'Errors' did Advanced System Care want to correct ?

Did you try putting these 'Errors' in the Ignore List (so they won't be corrected) and run the leak test again ?

What items were marked Vulnerable in the leak test result and do you have a screenshot of the result ?

What version of CIS are you using, do you have Sandbox, was it enabled during the leak test ?

All the best, woz of oz

I just performed a scan after installing. So you might know which one that is :) And what ASC does at that point: I don't know and I don't care. It should just do what is right: remove crap but leave the rest to itself.

I don't remember which items where shown vulnerable too, but IOBit people can work that out for themselves too I guess.

It was with the latest CIS 4.1 .920 and the result came to life with and without the sandbox.

Archived