IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASUS motherboard Hell

wildwillie

Howdy.... I'll rattle on a bit about my ASUS motherboard 'puter, just in case anyone is interested.

My desktops were both born in Jan. & Feb. this year. The ASUS is just now almost 6 mo. old.

It has been a real pain and It has gotten progressively worse.

After frequent weird events happening for months, I've finally figured out that it is simply a defective board. ASUS corporate agrees with me and are shipping me a replacement mobo.

Newegg was nice, but since the "return warranty time" had expired.. (I think they only allow 90 days) they suggested I contact ASUS.. on-line.

I explained I needed a phone number, as I wasn't interested in trying to handle this problem on-line. I told Newegg that if I couldn't get the mobo fixed, I was going to ship the it to Newegg, cause I now considered it to be nothing more than a boat anchor, and I don't own a boat. I told Newegg that it didn't matter if I got anything out of the old board or not 'cause it was useless to me. At that point, Newegg "happily" gave me a direct ASUS phone number.

On 5 different occasions, the 'puter has given me a black screen & refused to boot-up. It would tell me to insert a bootable CD & then press a key.

Ultimately, it was necessary to power off the machine... REMOVE the battery & re-install it, then power up and FLASH the bios.

This worked about 4 times, but the last (5th) time it happened, it wouldn't work.

Of course, Macrium Reflect would work, but after the restoration, it still wouldn't boot, unless I first did the "R&R the battery & FLASH the bios routine", which would also re-write the master boot record.

My MSI mobo ‘puter works great. I'm a little prejudiced against ASUS at this time, but perhaps after I get the replacement mobo, I'll have a different attitude.

I'll make another post after I've installed the replacement mobo. Who knows, someone out there might be interested.

WW

BTW... I'm in North Central Oklahoma.. I'm on high ground, but with all of the rain these last several days, caused by Hurricane Alex... maybe I do need a boat. :-)

Hi, Sunny...

Ha Ha.. at this point, I'd agree on your decision. My MSI NF750 is working superly..!

I'll let you know how well the ASUS replacement works after I get it and get to check it out. I sure hope it's better.. If not, I'm gonna get another MSI. :-)

Archived