IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error 10016 and Error 7023

olafurg

I have PackardBell Ixtreme Gold 6690, AMD Athlon 64 processor 3700+

I use WinXP SP2 home edition and Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 7,0

I have automatic update from Microsoft and newest updates from PackardBell

I have Northon Internet security and “Advanced WindovsCare V2 Personal” and “Advanced system optimizer” and “Advanced Registry Optimizer” from SammSoft.

My PC has been showing instability for several months, first noticed in problems in Word and Outlook and later with booting where monitor remains black.

I get the following Errors on Event report:

DCOM Error Event ID: 10016

User: NT Authority System

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D851F103-8C90-4321-AFF0-58BA5BD421C2}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Service Control Manager Error ID 7023

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Could anybody help me to solve these registry problems that "Advanced Registry Optimiser" didn't solve?

olg

Sounds like you need to take a look at Norton security settings and/or the settings in Admin. Services

Good luck

I have PackardBell Ixtreme Gold 6690, AMD Athlon 64 processor 3700+

I use WinXP SP2 home edition and Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 7,0

I have automatic update from Microsoft and newest updates from PackardBell

I have Northon Internet security and “Advanced WindovsCare V2 Personal” and “Advanced system optimizer” and “Advanced Registry Optimizer” from SammSoft.

My PC has been showing instability for several months, first noticed in problems in Word and Outlook and later with booting where monitor remains black.

I get the following Errors on Event report:

DCOM Error Event ID: 10016

User: NT Authority System

Service Control Manager Error ID 7023

Could anybody help me to solve these registry problems that "Advanced Registry Optimiser" didn't solve?

olg

Thanks for your kind advice. I tried Scandisk some weeks ago but didn't do it again, will do it this night. But as it didn't solve the problem erlier I doubt it will solve the problem now.

I have studied event viewer closer and found out 3 errors that are reoccurring with quiete regular intervals:

1. DCOM Error ID: 10010:

Network Service

The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

2. Remote Access Error ID: 20106

048619020195\Notandi

Unable to add the interface {5E48DDC0-CC25-4FE2-96B9-288D22F2A45F} with the Router Manager for the IP protocol. The following error occurred: Cannot complete this function.

3. DCOM Error ID: 10016

NT Authority/System

4. Service Control Manager Error ID: 7023

The Application Management service terminated with the following error:

The specified module could not be found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The Microsoft web-page indicated for solution is inactive and information on these errors are rather confusing on the Microsoft web-pages I have visited. The error definition seems to indicate many possible errors, mostly depending on operating systems, and few of those indicated are WinXP home edition.

Thanks again,

Olafur Gislason

I mean Services (local)

controlpanel/administration/services

If you look for advise on how to set the services you can find several places on the internet, that will advise you.

But of course it depends on your configuration and your preferences, so you have to do it carefully and keep what you think you need, - if in doubt set it to manually. You can also do it one at a time and check how it works and change the setting if nessessary, but that will take you several hours.

Scandisk is now in xp called checkdisk, run it as a full scan - both possibilities, - I usually do it at least once a month, depending a bit on how much I have changed -installed-uninstalled.

good hunting

Cheers

Thanks for your kind advice. I tried Scandisk some weeks ago but didn't do it again, will do it this night. But as it didn't solve the problem erlier I doubt it will solve the problem now.

I have studied event viewer closer and found out 3 errors that are reoccurring with quiete regular intervals:

1. DCOM Error ID: 10010:

Network Service

The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

2. Remote Access Error ID: 20106

048619020195\Notandi

Unable to add the interface {5E48DDC0-CC25-4FE2-96B9-288D22F2A45F} with the Router Manager for the IP protocol. The following error occurred: Cannot complete this function.

3. DCOM Error ID: 10016

NT Authority/System

4. Service Control Manager Error ID: 7023

The Application Management service terminated with the following error:

The specified module could not be found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The Microsoft web-page indicated for solution is inactive and information on these errors are rather confusing on the Microsoft web-pages I have visited. The error definition seems to indicate many possible errors, mostly depending on operating systems, and few of those indicated are WinXP home edition.

Thanks again,

Olafur Gislason

Archived