IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Page keeps freezing ...

Arianna

Hi

I am new on here and need some advice, this is the 7th time i have written this as my screen freezes up ...

I have had the disk scanned, fan cleaned , done systems scan , you name ive done it and i cant find whats wrong with it ??

I even paid someone £50 to fix it and he just up graded my XP, which didnt solve my problem....

I have been told it could be memory, of power problem..

I do try to understand and find solutions, but this is beating the best ..

So if anyone can help or have any advice i would be very grateful .....

Thank you Arianna

It might be a heat problem.

It could also mean that you need another graphics card, probably the best bet!

Good luck

Hi

I am new on here and need some advice, this is the 7th time i have written this as my screen freezes up ...

I have had the disk scanned, fan cleaned , done systems scan , you name ive done it and i cant find whats wrong with it ??

I even paid someone £50 to fix it and he just up graded my XP, which didnt solve my problem....

I have been told it could be memory, of power problem..

I do try to understand and find solutions, but this is beating the best ..

So if anyone can help or have any advice i would be very grateful .....

Thank you Arianna

• 1 month later...

Similar problem

I have noticed that my XP system goes into MAJOR hard disk activity for nearly two minutes everytime I try to load an application, or even if an already loaded application has been left running with no activity for a while. It almost seams as though the system is doing some major 'swap file' work. Now this would be acceptable but for one thing ... I have 3GB of RAM!!!!!

There should be NO need to swap out anything as the most I have seen used of the physical memory at any one time is 1.5GB with a very memory hungry game. Most of the time it is less than 1GB.

I cannot specifically point the finger at AWC as the culprit, but I did start to notice this problem not long after installing AWC and IOBit Smart Defrag.

If IOBit support personel happen to read this, I would be very appreciative of a direct email with some helpful suggestions.

Hi bwillcott

It might mean that you didn't check the details in system optimization and keep those you wanted and needed and therefore put in the Ignore List, when you ran a repair in AWC. Some programs might also have been removed from your StartUp list as well.

Have you tried running it without automatic defrag?

How about anti-virus-program settings?

Cheers

I have noticed that my XP system goes into MAJOR hard disk activity for nearly two minutes everytime I try to load an application, or even if an already loaded application has been left running with no activity for a while. It almost seams as though the system is doing some major 'swap file' work. Now this would be acceptable but for one thing ... I have 3GB of RAM!!!!!

There should be NO need to swap out anything as the most I have seen used of the physical memory at any one time is 1.5GB with a very memory hungry game. Most of the time it is less than 1GB.

I cannot specifically point the finger at AWC as the culprit, but I did start to notice this problem not long after installing AWC and IOBit Smart Defrag.

If IOBit support personel happen to read this, I would be very appreciative of a direct email with some helpful suggestions.

Hi there,

I thought about that. Everything still runs. It is just that before anything loads, there is about two minutes of major H/D activity.

I even disabled the antivirus 'on access' protection for a while. But this didn't help. I haven't tried turning off the auto defrag, but that doesn't seem likely to help, as it isn't working all the time, yet I have this problem 24/7!

I have also turned off the file indexing system on all H/Ds, thinking that this might be the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi bwillcott

It might mean that you didn't check the details in system optimization and keep those you wanted and needed and therefore put in the Ignore List, when you ran a repair in AWC. Some programs might also have been removed from your StartUp list as well.

Have you tried running it without automatic defrag?

How about anti-virus-program settings?

Cheers

Hi again

If it should be related to Iobit I still think that the System optimization settings is the best bet. Did you let the program repair, without configuring it under details?

Cheers

Hi there,

I thought about that. Everything still runs. It is just that before anything loads, there is about two minutes of major H/D activity.

I even disabled the antivirus 'on access' protection for a while. But this didn't help. I haven't tried turning off the auto defrag, but that doesn't seem likely to help, as it isn't working all the time, yet I have this problem 24/7!

I have also turned off the file indexing system on all H/Ds, thinking that this might be the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi bwillcott & solbjerg,

I have two thoughts on this:

1. Open task manager to view it, than watch it and open a program that seems to take extra time to open. Watch task manager and see if there is any open applications that seem to bog down CPU or memory. Also check to see if there are any strange applications running. You could post a screenshot of task manager if you like.

2. Restore center has backups for last 20 (default) times you have run AWC. If you suspect it has changed something that is causing this, you could restore them and see if applications are still opening slow. If they are not, it could be something in System optimization. Re-scan and be sure to look at "See Details" in System optimization and Startup Manage. If you suspect something there you can right click & ignore.

If programs are still opening slowly, it is probably not AWC causing it.

samr.

Archived