IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare Free v3.6.1 Update Download Warning by McAfee Site Advisor

frebnad

I use your Advanced SystemCare Free.

Recently, you have announced that v3.6.0 can be updated to v3.6.1 .

Downloading asc-setup.exe for v3.6.1 results in a warning by McAfee Site Advisor: "Potentially Dangerous Download Detected" at the 118KB mark of the 7.5MB total download. :?:

While I am reasonably certain that this is a false positive, cud someone at IOBit confirm this, and also why the McAfee Site Advisor throws up this warning.....is it that IOBit is using the free software to extract information about the customer from his or her PC?! :shock:

May I also suggest that the exe names of future free version downloads include the version number, such as "asc361free-setup.exe". Many of us save the downloads and such details help us differentiate.

Hi frebnad,

I do use McAfee A/V and McAfee Site Advisor also, but didn't get any warnings!!!

Where did you download the setup file?

Try the ones that the links are given in Advanced SystemCare 3.61 is released (UPDATED July 05) thread. (asc-setup-aff.exe size: 7665 KB)

I wish IObit put the version # in the setup files, but at least, you can change the name of the setup file to the exact build number after installation .

Hi frebnad,

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestion. :-P

We have contacted with McAfee about this false report issue and we will try our best to settle it as soon as possible. We assure you that our product is high-tested, absolutely without any virus, spyware or any other threats.

Presently, please click the "Download Anyway" button of the McAfee SiteAdvisor to finish the download.

Thanks again.

Archived