IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

An alert - just in case anyone else is seeing this online

Stef

Hello

I wanted to alert you that immediately following the credit card transaction for placing an order for AWC Pro I had two withdrawals against my debit card for a significant amount (more than 10X the value of the order) from Bangkok. As I was home in Europe at that time, I have reported this as fraud to the police and to my bank.

Please be clear that I am not implying that there is anything bad happening with Iobit.com - it is a great product. I was just worried that there may be an exposure with the outsourced payment provider they use. I have contacted Element5 to raise an alert with them as well - just in case the leakage of my card information happened through my order with them.

I told Element5 that as I use my debit card with extreme caution, and as my Element 5 purchase for this order was the only unusual transaction I wanted to make them aware just in case there was an exposure of my credit card details somewhere in the transaction chain (may I stress please that I am not assuming that Element 5 did anything to cause this - I just wanted to make them aware in case they have an exposure that they may not be aware of).

My reason for posting to this forum is to give other customers the heads up to check their online statements in case there is a trend here. The leakage may have nothing to do with my Element5 transaction, I am just trying to cover all bases to avoid anyone else having the shock that I just have on over US$1,000 dissappearing from their bank account.

kind regards

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived