IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slow shutdown after malware remove

robnj

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Enoskype

I was away for 2 weeks, sorry for the late reply.

I did run a few defrag programs, but it still takes a long time to shut down. Can take up to 3 minutes.

Any other ideas you have?

Thanks.

Hi robnj,

Did your defragment programs include System files defrag?

Please try the trialware of full PerfectDisk11, it is fully functional for 30 days.

(Any third paryt file/folder encryption program must be uninstalled if you use PD.)

For boot time defrag, check all the checkboxes in Drive properties. And use extreme performance of Smart Placement for defragmentation.

After that you can use IObit Smart Defrag to see if it helps.

If that doesn't help, we wil try to use a script for shut down.

This is all after assuming that your PC is clear of malware and all the junks are cleaned.

Cheers.

Hello Enoskype

Downloaded and ran Perfectdisk. Looks like they dont support FAT32 boot time defrag, so I am at a loss there. I did run the defrag anyway.

I have also run my current diskkeeper defrag, but still have the long shutdown time :(

Hi again robnj,

OK, this is a reasonable time.

Now you can use ASC to optimize "waittokill" and other similar command times.

These will help the shutdown process to be a bit quicker.

Please read USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread before using ASC for the first time.

DO manual scanning couple of times before Auto scanning, and investigating the Details and putting the items to the Ignore List if you don't want ASC to optimize or Repair them.

For defragmentation information, Think about Defragmentation!!! thread is a good read.

Cheers.

Archived