IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC - Junk File Clean and MSE

LesBater

Microsoft updated their MSE to version 1.0.1963.0 recently and ASC Junk File Clean now is causing prolems with MSE update routine. Microsoft's response to the issue is as follows:

As I understand the situation with the \temp directory and updates you need to leave the \temp directory contents alone completely. If you purge the contents at any time, you will generally encounter an error due to the way updates changed in this release.

My question is, is their a way to EXCLUDE the \temp directory from the Junk File Clean routine? The way I have resolved this issue is to uncheck the Junk File Clean option on the Main Page.

This is not just affecting ASC, but other utility programs that clean-up the temporary files, e.g. CCleaner.

Thanks for you assistance in this matter.

Les Bater

Microsoft updated their MSE to version 1.0.1963.0 recently and ASC Junk File Clean now is causing prolems with MSE update routine. Microsoft's response to the issue is as follows:

As I understand the situation with the \temp directory and updates you need to leave the \temp directory contents alone completely. If you purge the contents at any time, you will generally encounter an error due to the way updates changed in this release.

My question is, is their a way to EXCLUDE the \temp directory from the Junk File Clean routine? The way I have resolved this issue is to uncheck the Junk File Clean option on the Main Page.

This is not just affecting ASC, but other utility programs that clean-up the temporary files, e.g. CCleaner.

Thanks for you assistance in this matter.

Les Bater

Hi LesBater,

Please click on the xx,x MB files found at the right side of Junk Files Clean after Scan finishes.

Details: Junk Files Clean window will open.

Uncheck the checkbox of Windows Temporary Files (Total XX files, xxx,xx KB recoverable) and click OK button.

There, clicking on the View Files... button, you can view the files which will be deleted if you leave the check in the checkbox.

Also, if you move the concerned MSSE files to another place, you can move them back after cleaning.

I hope this is helpful.

I would advise to read the whole thread of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS .

Cheers.

ASC - Junk Files Clean and MSE

Thanks for your response.

I got to the same place by going to Options and then clicking on Junk Files Clean. The issue that I have is under "Additional" there is a check in the box titled "Delete Windows Temporary Files older than 1 week.

If I don't uncheck this box, then it would appear that I would have the problem back every five days. Do you agree?

Thanks,

Les

LesBater, that is not the same place, but you can leave the Windows' Temporary Files undeleted for 7 days if you put the check to the checkbox there, even when you clean the Junk Files. http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon4.gif

This is a different function then which I mention in the previous post.

I have not updated my MSSE on the Win7 yet, so I don't know if the MSSE files are there for good (Not temporary), and needed all the time, but the deletion of the files by ASC will be always 7 days prior to the present time when you perform the cleaning.

Cheers.

It appears that Microsoft has corrected this issue with a update to their engine 1.1.6004.0 since this was affecting other third party software.

Thanks for the info LesBater.

It was weird that MS had used Temp directory for permanent files though, at least they have corrected it then. :-D

Cheers.

Archived