IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD causes floppy drive access

Hi,

Running windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Every time I connected or disconnected any USB device my floppy drive would startup. Took me some time to find that is it Smart Defrag that is causing it as if I exit SD all is well, the drive does not activate...start SD and the The problem is back. Is this a known problem? Can it be fixed?

thanks in advance,

Night....

Hi Nightlight

Curious :-)

Do you have SD running automatically/continuously? Have you tried it without the automatic function?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Running windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Every time I connected or disconnected any USB device my floppy drive would startup. Took me some time to find that is it Smart Defrag that is causing it as if I exit SD all is well, the drive does not activate...start SD and the The problem is back. Is this a known problem? Can it be fixed?

thanks in advance,

Night....

Hello solbjerg :-D

I just tried what you suggested ran SD and disabled automatic, even the action of deselecting the check box caused floppy access !! But alas that did not make any difference :cry:

So I exited SD and all returned to normal (no floppy access)

weird ehhh??

thanks for your speedy reply tho..

Night...

Hi Nightlight

Curious :-)

Do you have SD running automatically/continuously? Have you tried it without the automatic function?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Nightlight

If it indeed is a SD problem I think I would try if a Clean Install (uninstall/removal of program folder/fresh install) could set it right.

Have you read Usage of IObit Products thread?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello solbjerg :-D

I just tried what you suggested ran SD and disabled automatic, even the action of deselecting the check box caused floppy access !! But alas that did not make any difference :cry:

So I exited SD and all returned to normal (no floppy access)

weird ehhh??

thanks for your speedy reply tho..

Night...

Archived