IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Add non-MS services to the 'close list' ?

Hi all - Can someone point me to a FAQ or thread that will help me step-by-step with my requirement please ?

Can I add some non-Windows services to the 'Unnecessary Programs' list ?

& if so - how do I do this ?

#########################################

###

I read this 15-month old cnet article which rates v1.0 very highly:

>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10229569-1.html

The picture in the article shows the 'Close Background Programs' dialog box with the option to include 'avgtray.exe' in the 'Unnecessary Programs' list

###

I DL'd v1.4 from the PC Advisor website, because I read that v1.5 is buggy. I've just tried it & discovered that it only allows me to stop certain Windows services

I had assumed v1.4 would detect a few non-Windows services such as Threatfire & Avira AntiVir & allow me to stop those too

###

QUESTION: In 'Options' > 'Edit Service List' >

1) [servicelist_xp] The items seem to be the services which are excluded from the option to close programs

2) [CheckedApps] section at the bottom is blank

If I add non-windows items below [CheckedApps] will they then appear in the 'unnecessary services' dialog ?

###

Or is there a better way in Game Booster to achieve my desired result ?

###

Hi _Loki_,

Go to the Services, double click on the service that you want to include in GameBooster.ini file, copy the service name: Xxxx Xxxxxx of that servicein the properties window, paste it to the end of [servicelist_xp].

That's it, that service will appear in the lists of services to be closed when you switch to Gaming Mode.

Cheers.

Archived