IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cant get rid of Security Hole

buzybeegirl

Hi everyone. i have advanced system care and IOrbit Security 360. i have been please with the results. Last night before closing down i processed some new updates; however, today when i scanned and IOrbit 360 keeps showing a security hole (it says Security Update For Windows Vista KB 2286198--Date 8/2/2010--Security Bulletin ID MS10-046--Size 4212KB, but everytime i ask it to fix it, it says fixed and to reboot (which i do). but when i scan again the security hole messages keeps coming back. i have never had this issue before--can someone help. thank you[

Hi buzybeegirl,

This security hotfix update from Microsoft is released to public yesterday to protect the Windows users from hackers attacking and remotely coding PCs through shortcuts' icon loading vulnarability.

I would advise to use the Windows automatic update or manual update, as even Windows 7 OSs need restart during installation.

Auto update:

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/

Manual installation:

XP 32 bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=12361875-b453-45e8-852b-90f2727894fd

Vista 32 bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=52748886-6280-4247-8cbd-f64db229ee66

Windows7 32 bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=22e62b5c-e4c1-47d0-ae4a-8bd2d70d0a0a

Most probably your updating couldn't be finalized as it should and that's why IS360 Security Hole is warning.

This is a critical vulnarability and I believe after installing correctly, IS360 will not warn you for that anymore.

I can confirm that for XP and Win7. EDIT:(Only if Windows is updated before checking Security Holes.)

Cheers.

enoskype

hi. its been a long time since i been on but you have almost always been the one to help me. thank you. i tried your suggestions and here are the problems. when i tried to do it manual--it said that this does not apply to your computer. when i tried automatic update this is the response i get:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup

For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

After installing KB 2286198 Hotfix, Security Holes shows FALSE vulnarability!!

OK buzybeegirl,

I have installed the hotfix this time on a Virtual XP in win7, but this time I have checked the Security Holes before the installation and it has shown the vulnarabilty.

After installation of the security Hotfix, this time Security Holes has shown the vulnarability even there was not one.

You have a point there, and it is a bug in the Security Holes module.

Summary:

If you check the vulnarability before installation of Hotfix KB 2286198, after installation of the Hotfix, Security Holes still shows KB 2286198 vulnarability and it is FALSE.

For the time beeing, IGNORE this vulnarability. Even if you ignore the vulnarability, it will show as a vulnarability in next scan.

Your problem with Windows/Microsoft update is nothing to do with this problem.

You didn't make it clear that your last night update was by Windows Update or Security Holes update.

Cheers.

ATTACHMENT IS FOR IOBIT

Archived