IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

impossible defrag: no enough space

In my hd there are 1,5 Gb of free space but after defragmentation remain 513 files that don't defrag becouse "no free space disposable" and the image of HD is all RED!!!!

I tried whith "normal defrag" amd with "deep defrag" but is the same.

Why? any help for me?

thank's, Gianni from Rome (Italy)

Hi nessuno

Please read "Thinking about defragmentation"

If your amount of free space (1.5 GB) is what is left of total space of for example 100 GB - it will only amount to 1,5% of free space where 15% is recommended as a minimum.

Best to report free space as a percentage of the total space!

Also some of the files not defragmented may be large picture files or video files that can easily exceed 1.5 GB in size.

If this is the case please try to place your large files somewhere else or delete a sufficient amount to create enough space for the defragmentation to run.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. links in my signature

In my hd there are 1,5 Gb of free space but after defragmentation remain 513 files that don't defrag becouse "no free space disposable" and the image of HD is all RED!!!!

I tried whith "normal defrag" amd with "deep defrag" but is the same.

Why? any help for me?

thank's, Gianni from Rome (Italy)

Hi nessuno

Please read "Thinking about defragmentation"

If your amount of free space (1.5 GB) is what is left of total space of for example 100 GB - it will only amount to 1,5% of free space where 15% is recommended as a minimum.

Best to report free space as a percentage of the total space!

Also some of the files not defragmented may be large picture files or video files that can easily exceed 1.5 GB in size.

If this is the case please try to place your large files somewhere else or delete a sufficient amount to create enough space for the defragmentation to run.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. links in my signature

no, my HD (160 Gb) has three partitions and in defrag is the C (boot of HD) that is 16 Gb in total. The files in question are little, like that are in win\System, win\System32, and so on. Now I'm going to read that thread..

EDIT:

You need at least 2.4GB empty (free) space in C: (your system) drive. (15% of 16 GB.)

(Suggestion: Delete your System Restore Points except the last one.)

Hi nessuno

As enoskype remarks one has to view each drive seperately, in terms of total - and free space, and the drive you want to defrag has to have at least 15% free space.

Your C: drive needs at least 0.9 GB more of free space.

Several possibilities exists for getting more free space among those the one enoskype suggests - another might be to enlarge your C: partition.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

no, my HD (160 Gb) has three partitions and in defrag is the C (boot of HD) that is 16 Gb in total. The files in question are little, like that are in win\System, win\System32, and so on. Now I'm going to read that thread..

EDIT:

You need at least 2.4GB empty (free) space in C: (your system) drive. (15% of 16 GB.)

(Suggestion: Delete your System Restore Points except the last one.)

Archived