IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup manager in AWC

r2baruch

Thanks for your response. I was aware of "jump to key", however it is very cumbersome to have to open the registry editor just for the name of the appropriate key. Furthermore, it is time consuming until the registry editor opens and often the registry editor opens but the tree remains closed so I still have to search for the key. I don't think it should be too difficult to list the registry key in the startup manager. See for example Autoruns (sysinternals) or Winpatrol (BillP Studios). There should be no need to open the registry editor just for this information.

Oh, it seems that you have to go into Regedit by yourself, applications often add entry into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRNET_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Yes, I know. That is why I pointed out that the registry key responsible for the program should be listed in the program, as in the other startup managers that I have seen. It can't be difficult to add the field.

I use xp sp2 fully updated too, but do not have the problems you mention.

When I click jump to key it opens regedit - opens the tree and mark the key in question, - and it all happens in a blink of the eye - instantly.

My harddisk is 20% full and I have 1500 Mb Ram on the machine.

So what can be the reason that you get the results you do?

Thanks for your response. I was aware of "jump to key", however it is very cumbersome to have to open the registry editor just for the name of the appropriate key. Furthermore, it is time consuming until the registry editor opens and often the registry editor opens but the tree remains closed so I still have to search for the key. I don't think it should be too difficult to list the registry key in the startup manager. See for example Autoruns (sysinternals) or Winpatrol (BillP Studios). There should be no need to open the registry editor just for this information.

Archived