IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Foreign Transaction Fee for license renewal?

Sandytoes

Hi Sandytoes

Isn't that normal mastercard policy?

How is the practice in your country?

"When you accept a credit card payment, the processor deducts anywhere from 1 to 5 percent as a fee. The majority of this percentage goes to the card issuing company. Some merchant account providers may add their own percentage to this fee, which is why the base rate is not always consistent. If you have less-than perfect-credit, your merchant account percentage will be closer to the higher range."

Visa and mastercard usually do not charge a high percentage - in your case - depending upon the amount paid your 90 cents amounts to 3% of 30$ and 4.5% of 20$.

You will have to ask IObit if they charge any fee for the transaction.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I recently made a purchase with my Visa card for a new printer - the fee in this case was 1.5%

On the same day I renewed my license through Avangate.com, my Mastercard statement shows a separate "Foreign Transaction Fee" of $.90.

Has anyone else been charged this?:roll:

Archived