IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error message when wrapping IObitToolBox.exe using SFX

ComputerNerd

Here is a video of what I am experiencing...

http://screencast.com/t/YmU2ODhlNjI

I am simply using Winrar to wrap all the IObit Tool Box.exe files/folders into an SFX. All this does is compresses them into a .exe file. Then when opened extracts all the files/folders to the temp directory and launched Toolbox.exe. It seems to work fine on Windows 7 and Vista however XP seems to be hit and miss. I tried it on a clean REAL XP os and problem occured. I tried it on virtual machine and same problem. I have had a couple of my friends tried it and some worked and some do not.

In my days I have done this to several, and I mean several programs and have never had this type of problem.

Here are my steps within Winrar...

When adding to archive...

1. Archive format = RAR

2. Compressiong Medthod = Best

3. Create SFX archive and create solid archive = checked

4. Advanced tab = SFX options...

5. Run after extraction = Toolbox.exe

6. Modes tab = unpack to temporary folder = checked.

7. Silent Mode = Hide all

8. Update tab = Overwrite mode = overwrite all files

9. Press OK twice and then it Winrar creates the SFX or .exe file.

Done it a hundred times before on different softwares and this is the first one that has started causing me trouble.

Any idea?

Thanks

Oh and I have confirmed it has nothing to do with an antivirus software because there wasn't one while testing. Again to my knowledge this problem occurs on XP machines only and works fine on Windows 7 and Vista.

Archived