IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

smartdefrag tray icon fix

Hi,

OS affected : I assume windows vista and windows 7.

I have the problem that the smartdefrag icon was not visible after startup on windows vista.

I experimented with the smartdefrag scheduled task, and found a fix.

The answer is as simple as to put a delay in starting up smart defrag after logon. This can be done in task scheduler.

workaround:

Only thing you have to do is "manually make a new task" for it, because smartdefrag automatically overwrites when you edit the existing task.

Also be sure to configure smartdefrag itself not to start up automatically.

I made a new task with different name (example: smartdefrag_delayed)

In the task (copy of original smartdefrag task) I renamed it to new name, went to trigger settings and put a delay of 15 minutes in it.

Be sure to put "run at highest privileges" too.

Now after reboot, and after about 15 minutes smartdefrag icon is always visible :-)

Attached you find my delayed_task (exported from task scheduler, rename to xml and import into task scheduler. Be sure to put a valid user to be able to run the task on your machine.

Spread the news, and for the programmers : "please put this 'necessary' delay in the code of smartdefrag schedule for future releases"

great tool, really like it !!

Br.

Michel

iobit smart defrag.xml.txt

Re: smartdefrag tray icon fix

Hi thanks for the reply,

I did put the delay to 15 minutes to be on the safe side.

The delay on smartdefrag should be as many minutes as you have to wait for your taskbar to show up after you boot your windows.

Depending on the hardware you use this could be less than a minute, but on slower machines it could be much longer for the taskbar to show up (including the theme layer).

Also personally I don't mind the 15 minutes delay as long as it "does" start after booting :-)

"Maybe" the iobit designers are able to make a real fix so that the taskbar icon will be visible in any siuation, because the delay I put is just a quick remedy.

My harddisk stays defragmented all day, a good feeling.... now I need a brain defragmenter too :-)

enjoy !!

Archived