IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Mouse scroll click

blacksea

Normally when I used to click on a link with the scroll button, it would open in a new tab. But now if I click on the scroll button, my Documents opens. It is really annoying. Even if I want to scroll down quickly and click on the scroll button, my Documents opens. I don't know why that happens and how the option has changed, neither do I know how to revert it back. Does someone know how?

Re: Mouse scroll click

Hi blacksea

If you mean here in the forum - I tap the scroll wheel and get the link up in the favourites line and then have to click on that for it to open.

I don't know if this is normal or not as I have never tried it before. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Normally when I used to click on a link with the scroll button, it would open in a new tab. But now if I click on the scroll button, my Documents opens. It is really annoying. Even if I want to scroll down quickly and click on the scroll button, my Documents opens. I don't know why that happens and how the option has changed, neither do I know how to revert it back. Does someone know how?

Re: IObit Toolbox>>Default Settings of Mouse Scroll click.

Hi solbjerg,

No that is not what I meant. If I just press the scroll button, then my Documents appear in a window. It really annoys me because I use that 'third' button often. Like when I want to open a link in a new tab, or if I want to quickly scroll down a webpage etc.

Hi enoskype,

Yes I have looked there and I couldn't find anything that was related to a 'scroll click'. I also pressed on 'default settings' to be sure, but nothing helped. First I thought that it had to do something with the mouse it self, but also with an other mouse I get the same result.

Cheers

Blacksea

Re: IObit Toolbox>>Default Settings of Mouse Scroll click.

Hi blacksea

As far as I can see you must have done "something" to make it behave like this. I have no problem!

xp sp.3.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

No that is not what I meant. If I just press the scroll button, then my Documents appear in a window. It really annoys me because I use that 'third' button often. Like when I want to open a link in a new tab, or if I want to quickly scroll down a webpage etc.

Hi enoskype,

Yes I have looked there and I couldn't find anything that was related to a 'scroll click'. I also pressed on 'default settings' to be sure, but nothing helped. First I thought that it had to do something with the mouse it self, but also with an other mouse I get the same result.

Cheers

Blacksea

Just to make sure, did you go to:

• Control Panel

• Mouse

• Select the mouse from the dropdown menu (if necessary)

If the mouse is a cheap one (like mine) there will be no option to change the scroll wheel click but if it is a better quality one then you can usually assign it to do various things in different applications.

These settings may have become changed somehow

All the best, woz of oz

Hey guys,

Did some reading on this. Looks to me like some new software installed may have caused these conflicts. New keyboard drivers, perhaps, like "Hot Key".

blacksea : I'm gonna ask you for a list of installed programs, if you don't mind. We'll use DDS (the one used in malware removal) :

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Save that to your desktop and run it. Two logs will be produced, but I only need to see "Attach.txt"

This may help pinpoint the culprit.

Edit : why is my sig all messed up ? No more bbCode allowed there ??

===

Hi jjj

As I understand it - it is if you click the scroll wheel on a link - it should give you a new tab - which you then can click to get get to where you would have come if you left-clicked the same link, I think :-) - but you will have the tab sitting there if you use the scroll wheel method :-)

Your method is normal if you just click on a page.

Cheers

solbjerg

what happens with my one if i press the scrolling button..i get a round ring on the page ,moves the up and down very fast moving the mouse..up or down..

this what we talking about?

jjj

Just to make sure, did you go to:

• Control Panel

• Mouse

• Select the mouse from the dropdown menu (if necessary)

If the mouse is a cheap one (like mine) there will be no option to change the scroll wheel click but if it is a better quality one then you can usually assign it to do various things in different applications.

These settings may have become changed somehow

All the best, woz of oz

this looks about the right answer ,i never had a look see at this...and don't want to change any thing any how..

but interesting..suppose its what one is used to..

itsmejjj

Hi So_sad

I do hope that you had a happy childhood :-)

Take a look at me at the age of about 5-6 :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Cool !

You know, I like a challenge. This one was not that easy to research, so I'm glad it paid off.

A misbehaving rodent is no fun :mrgreen:

===

Hi So_sad

:-)

I see the smile as ingenuous :-)

Thanks!

Did you notice the old school desk I was sitting on/by - do you know of another name for that construction? Bench and slanted desktop all in one for two pupils! There was an inkwell build in too. Very sturdily constructed. I have trouble finding other synonyms for it for my dictionary.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there solbjerg :smile:

What do you mean by childhood ? That picture of me was taken just a few months ago :mrgreen:

HAHA.

You're sporting a semi devilish smile there. Nice picture :wink:

===

Hi So_sad

Thank you!

Do you know of W.C. Fields? One of the quote is "I do like children - - - fried!"

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ingenuous little devil ? :twisted:

Those desks are beautiful. I can't come up with a more specific name for them but, searching around, I'd say it is similar to an "English school desk" :

http://dasilvainteriors.co.uk/?Furniture:Desks

(scroll down > second one from bottom)

===

Archived