IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What's your favourite feature of AWC?

Tim Xue

What's your favourite feature of AWC?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, we are plan to intergrade them into one system tray when both of the two program are running.

you could integrate SmartDefrag into Free AWC, leaving the automatic defrag function as a "bonus" for the Professional version ;)

I would prefer much more to have a defrag than a "memory cleaner" in my AWC :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: What your favourite feature of AWC?

What your favourite feature of Advanced WindowsCare v2?

I like the program, now if you could incorporate more features like

ones that Tweak VI or Vista Manager have then you and all of us would really

have a great program! Maybe you should join forces with one of them(I would suggest Vista Manager) and see what we can get going. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to just pick one feature, I really like quite a few, but picked up Start Up scan.

I am not too good in computers, and without much success tried to restrict what will start at start up and what will start when I need it.

Now looks that problem solved.

Few programs still manage to re-activate themselves, but they are shown as trusted, so no drama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

two things

First, I am scared by the start-up module, scared that I will turn something off that I don't use and then someday I'll need it and forget that I turned it off and not remember and try to install it again. Still, it is very usefull for crippling programs you need installed but not running, like the logitech auto update which for as long as I had it running Always ran and said "No Updates at this time" ya, thanks...

Second, because of the Enormous :shock: amount of hits the registry scan Always gets, it has to be my favorite. I've seen identical machines at work run completely different because one user surfs and the other only runs the installed prgs. The only difference? The registry in the surfer's PC is huge, and so the whole system runs slow, This has to be the crucial program to run - always - and it does a great job!

• 1 month later...

Personally , and everyone's systems are different of course ; I like the System Analysis feature. Some problems would take hours to fix , and detect , like changing your Prefetch settings . I noticed recently some program (probably me , lol ) had changed

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session Manager / Memory Management / PrefetchParameters “Enable Prefetcher” value to 5 ; which AWC picked up on and advised that 3 (decimal) was a better setting . For some one who tweaks there system it is great to have a Tool like this to steer you back to optimal settings if you get it wrong ! Also a novice can set priorities for Services in Win XP through this scan and tweak their system performance like a pro , beautiful ! Without AWC I know this takes a lot of research , what services to disable , what to enable , and can take many , many hours ; I know as I've done it .

Secondly , the Security defense / Immunise feature is excellent in my opinion , and integrates well with the similar immunise features of SpywareBlaster , and SpyBot S&D .

• 1 month later...

I love the AWC! it was the only program that worked since i have been trying to get rid of my lag in some pogo games for a year now.

I did clean everything alot, ( temp files, registry cleaner, spyware with a good program, cccleaner. java console, and so on, nothing seemed to help. I even bought a new graphics card thinking that was the problem. It did help some.

Now it runs much faster, and instead of using many clean programs, I just run this one once a day, clean java about every 20 min, and defrag. It does it all and then some.

I have told everyone i know about this program, since alot of pple depend on me to help with their lil computer problems too.

I have tried that beta registry cleaner, and it froze up on me, I couldnt find where to send that feedback. I sent it to tech pple, but they said i would have to find somewhere else to send it.

• 3 weeks later...

be nice have some tweaks but i notice certian tweaks are nonsens

i am shure developers of acw knows that

i had mi self a qeustion say if compact registry pc be faster is this treu ?

mi favorite is when i clean faults are gone and machine is faster

cleaning prosecses

• 1 month later...

I like System Optimization, registry cleaner isn't bad and Spyware Defence in combination with Spybot S & D and Spyware Blaster 3.5.1...Privacy Cleaner need to be improved (CCleaner, nCleaner, ATF-CLEANER, Privacy Mantra Cleaner, Ace Utilities - plug-ins for privacy cleaner)...For freeware software AWC is one of the best...Thanks for IOBIT TEAM hard work and have a nice day ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love all the features of AWC BUT?

Dear Friends,

I love all the features of AWC but, Advanced Windows Care V2.72 and V3.0 beta has compatiability issues with AVG 8.0 Free version. After repairing the system with AWC, including the option "Security Defense", AVG will show the same number of warnings which will be shown by AWC in their security defense option. After clearing the security defense in AWC, AVG will show the same issues as warnings. After clearing the warnings in AVG, AWC will show the same number of problems. This is a great disappointment. AWC shows advertisement to buy AVG 8.0. What does this mean ?Get AVG 8.0 and scrach your head for compatiability :sad:?

Regards

Ravi

Archived